Wyze cam v2 - flashed RTSP firmware (demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.zip) - VLC not working

Hi I flashed with RTSP firmware successfully. I generated the RTSP url with pattern

rtsp://{username}:{password}@{mylocalip}/live

I then ensured firewall is not blocked (per google used command

netstat -ano | findstr -i SYN_SENT

as admin in windows 10 and see none of the ports 554, 443, 10001 or 80 are blocked.

I then cut and pasted the rtsp url in VLC network stream and it complains that “unable to connect” - BTW, I have 4 IP camera’s and all its rtsp stream works like a charm in VLC.

Help desk was not very useful …all I was told is to ensure ports UDP: 443, TCP: 10001, UDP: 80 need to be open - Well, these ports are open unless my google command i used is suspect.

Please note that wyze app works in Apple IOS (able to see cam).

Any suggestions?

Are you trying to access internally on your home network or externally? Have you been able to access the stream locally on your home network using VLC? Do you have multiple cameras accessible from the internet? Did you set any port forwarding on your router?

Hi WildBill,
Here are the answers to your questions:

Are you trying to access internally on your home network or externally?
internally

Have you been able to access the stream locally on your home network using VLC?
I am not able to stream using VLC locally (FYI, I have several IP camera’s and able to stream rtsp stream via VLC)

Do you have multiple cameras accessible from the internet?
Yes but non of them use RTSP port 554 (we are talking local here within my subnet)

Did you set any port forwarding on your router?
Since I am using locally this does not apply

Realize this is pretty basic, same subnet for camera as all the rest? I have all 7 of my cameras running Wyze RTSP without any issues. How does your firewall interact with internal IP space? Can you ping the Wyze camera? You might also want to verify that there aren’t any spaces hiding in the username or password. I suppose it could also be some special character that you used in them that may cause a problem.

Can you please confirm you are using firmware demo_V2_RTSP_4.26.4.41.zip? What do you get if you ping the local IP address?

It is interesting… my camera is 192.168.1.73 but the ping output is as follows:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 192.168.1.73

Pinging 192.168.1.73 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.63: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.73:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

BTW 192.168.1.63 is my PC

I turned off firewall and virus software and I get the same results. For other IP cameras I am able to ping

Never mind. My blunder (I look like a fool) - Solved - I was using guest network and had restrictions. Now able to stream RTSP in VLC - Thx

My camera has 4.28.4.41. Do you assign fixed IPs for your cameras via DHCP reservations? If not, check your DHCP leases…camera probably has a different IP.

Sent before your last message. Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks WildBill