Wyze Cam v2 F.A.Q — everything you need to know!

You must have heard about our new Wyze Cam v2 by now! We see some questions lurking around so here’s a topic to answer some of the frequently asked questions!

1. Wyze Cam v2 offers the following updates:

Motion Tagging technology detects and highlights motion in video captured by Wyze Cam v2.

Improved image quality: The powerful new CMOS sensor in Wyze Cam v2 provides clearer images for both day and night vision.

Wyze Cam v2 has higher sound quality made possible by a Class-K audio power amplifier and a new audio chip that significantly reduces TDD interference and EMI.

Wyze Cam v2 has a matte finish instead of the glossy finish of the original Wyze Cam to reduce reflection.

All other features of Wyze Cam v2 are the same as the original Wyze Cam. All Support content (Installation, FAQs, Troubleshooting, etc) for the Wyze Cam refers to both the original Wyze Cam and Wyze Cam v2, unless specifically noted.

2. Here are the ways you can tell if you have an original Wyze Cam or a Wyze Cam v2:

On the back of the packaging, you will see either WYZE CAM or WYZE CAM v2 printed on the box. The model number for the original Wyze Cam is WYZEC1 and the model number for Wyze Cam v2 is WYZEC2.

Wyze Cam v2 has a matte finish. The original Wyze Cam has a glossy finish.

On the bottom of your Wyze Cam, it will be printed with either Wyze Cam or Wyze Cam v2.

In the Live Stream view of your camera in the Wyze App, tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner. Tap Device info. Under Device model: you will see either Wyze Cam or Wyze Cam v2.

3. Yes, Wyze Cam v2 works with the same Wyze App. Simply add a new Wyze Cam v2 by tapping the “+” sign in the upper right corner of the Devices screen.

4. Motion Tagging is a new feature available on Wyze Cam v2. It highlights the motion detected by Wyze Cam v2 with a green box. It is available in all video modes (Live Stream, Playback, Alert videos). Motion Tagging is not available for the original Wyze Cam at this time, but we hope to add it in the future.

The Motion Tagging feature can be turned on or off independently for each Wyze Cam v2. To turn Motion Tagging on/off, enter the Live Stream view for your camera, and tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner. Toggle the Motion Tagging feature on/off.

When Motion Tagging is turned on, motion will be framed by a green box in all video modes (Live Stream, Playback, and Alert videos). Once a video has been captured, it will have Motion Tagging based on the camera setting at the time the video was captured. It is not possible to add Motion Tagging to a video that doesn’t have it, or to remove it from a video that has it.

5. At this time, Motion Tagging is not available for the original Wyze Cam. Our engineering team is evaluating whether this can be added in the future. Join our newsletter (subscribe at the bottom of this page) or follow us on social media to get new feature updates as they are available.

6. Wyze Cam v2 has improved sound quality made possible by a Class-K audio power amplifier and a new audio chip that significantly reduces TDD interference and EMI. At this time it is not possible to control the volume of your Wyze Cam v2, but we are looking into adding this feature in the future. Join our newsletter (subscribe at the bottom of this page) or follow us on social media to get new feature updates as they are available.

7. We will continue to support and enhance the original Wyze Cam through app and firmware updates. You can view the Release Notes section of our Support website to see the release notes for the current app and firmware for both the original Wyze Cam and Wyze Cam v2.

8. No, unfortunately we cannot exchange opened original Wyze Cams for a Wyze Cam v2. We work hard to make the best technology available to our users, and will continue to support and enhance the original Wyze Cam through app and firmware updates.

We will accept returns on unopened Wyze Cams under our standardReturn Policy. We accept returns of Wyze Cams purchased fromwww.wyzecam.comfor up to 30 days from the date of purchase. Items must be returned in their original condition, unused and in their original packaging to receive a refund. Shipping and handling charges as well as taxes paid are non-refundable.

Replacements for defective units covered under Warranty will be replaced with the same model number as purchased – original Wyze Cams will be replaced with original Wyze Cams, and Wyze Cam v2s will be replaced with Wyze Cam v2s.

When is the V2 cam shipping? I just placed an order for 2 more and was hoping to get them before I leave on vacation in 2 weeks. The one I ordered last week arrived within days and didn’t realize I didn’t have a choice… hoping I can get these in time.

Wwwahhh! I just received my WyzeCam V1 YESTERDAY and hooked it up. (made it through the firmware update crash by deleting/reinstalling from the app.)

I was just thinking ‘wow wouldn’t it be great if it could highlight what is moving’ since I’m pointing mine at possums, racoons, rats and mice in the garage. It’s hard to tell where they are in the shocking number of triggered videos.

I log on to wyzecam.com today and behold! V2 is released and it has the very feature I wished for 12 hours ago.

Looking forward to an update to the V1 camera and Kudos on the V2 release, but man what a fantastic value even without that.

At this price point I will probably get a V2 as well for applications where smaller critters are the issue, and point this one in the direction of large two legged critters.

Great product, keep innovating!

Would like to know as well

Thank you for updating the product page to reflect the release dates.

“<span style=“color: #ff0000; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;”>Pre-order available now. Orders placed before 9:00pm PST on 2/20 are expected to ship in the last week of February. Orders placed after this cutoff date/time will ship in the week of 3/5.</span>”

Thanks for the kind words! Send us a video of rodents you catch on your camera! :slight_smile:

Are the physical dimensions of the v2 the same as the v1?

Its, now the end of March and I was wondering if there is an updated timeline as to when the V2 is going to ship?

Worried about buying 10 cameras because I am hearing that they are not shipping in a appropriate time frame. Would love to get an answer before I buy so many.

Hi Mark, sorry for the late reply. Yes, dimensions are same.

Hi GD, we should be shipping soon. You can refer to our latest update from Yun over here: https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyze-cam-v2-update/

Hi lprather1, we should be shipping the first batch shortly. Yun has addressed this in his latest update here: https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyze-cam-v2-update/ However, because we’re clearing the back orders, it might take additional time before your new order of 10 cameras are shipped. We are catching up with production and shipping, so I do expect the waiting time to be shorter from here onwards.