Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan Firmware Released! 11/15/19

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wyze software and firmware updates. :fearful:

1 Like

It’s all part of the fun of wanting something better but less painful than a Microsoft bug. :grinning:

I’m not sure it’s either - better or less painful - and certainly not fun. :thinking:

1 Like

We’re sorry to hear about this, @drbayless!

Please reach out to our support team so that we can help out with this.

Support Request Form

2 Likes

So what the heck? Is it safe to update to the latest firmware or not? I have 6 Wyze Cam Pan’s and really have no confidence in this update at all!

I am only 1 person, but I updated 10 V2 cams and a pan cam and have not run into any issues. I know others have but mine did go ok.

2 Likes

Updated 5 v2 cams and 1 Cam Pan to the new firmware and new app and I’ve had no issues with any of them so far. All seems pretty stable to me.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply’s. It seems the problems are more with Wyze Cam Pan’s that have a sd cards installed?

1 Like

I have a Wyze 32 GB SD card in my Cam Pan and no issues with it so far.

2 Likes

Please confirm if you have SD cards installed in your cameras or not.

8 of my 10 V2’s have SD cards and my pan has an SD card

2 Likes

Thanks. This is helpful for troubleshooting.

1 Like

I updated 8 cams with SD cards, no issues.

2 Likes

I have lots of V2’s only 1 Pan but it has an SD card and updated with no issues.

All three of my V2s were updated without any issue.

2 Likes

I have 4 cameras in two separate locations. The ones on Xfinity are the ones that give me problems. They connect, show video for 2-3 seconds then freeze or disconnect. They always push video alerts fine. Once in a while I try to live stream and they connect and actually stay connected… or the connection lasts 5-10 seconds. This started happening about 2-3 months ago. Before that it was rock solid. I tried troubleshooting but Wyze said I had to open up a port that had the Xfinity people scratching their heads. Even tier 2 support had no idea what I was asking them to do. In the mean time, my 4 cameras on Metrocast in Maine are working fine. Go figure. My guess is something is not compatible with some of the Xfinity products. (I had Xfinity come down and update my modem also… didn’t solve the problem).

I am running mine on Xfinity, however I did turn off the wifi in their combo modem/router and installed my own router. I have not had wifi issues since I did that.

1 Like

Hmmm… maybe I’ll try that. Good idea!

2 cameras here and the one with the SD card won’t upgrade, the one without a SD card updated fine.

1 Like