Wyze Cam v2 and Pan Firmware 4.X.7.798 Releasing - 7/21/21

Reply by Tinycam developer Alex saying new release tomorrow will fix v2 streaming problem.

3 Likes

My v2 cams are now almost unusable since I updated them today. They will not stay connected to the app for more than 30 seconds then slow down and stop. Then they try to reconnect but get off line message. Wait for about 40 seconds then they just start working to just repeat the cycle.

2 Likes

I got the same response too. Miss seeing my 2 v2s on my 4k firestick. Luckily no issues viewing my 2 v3s. All good with wyze app on my iPad and Android phone. Otherwise itā€™s been a fairly stable app. This is the 1st time an issue like this has creeped up. Cost of going low budget for house monitoring I suppose. Sticking with wyze. I think they do great things for a low cost, IMHO.

1 Like

How do you get the Beta on to your 4K firestick? And who never tested this to begin with that is why Beta testing is performed. V2 Camā€™s are reporting all kinds of issues due to the update!

Keep in mind that the software running on the firestick isnā€™t Wyzeā€™s. I believe itā€™s tinycam. It no longer is compatible with the current camera firmware.

Tinycam has its own fix, thatā€™s why they have their beta.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the convenience! Can you tell what is the LED light status behind the camera? Can you try to power cycle it or restart the App to see if it come back? Also, is your App version v2.22? Thank you very much.

I have 1 V2 that is bricked, yellow light, keeps clicking, reported last night, lots of troubleshooting, nothing helps. I hsve 2 other V2ā€™s that are working but I canā€™t connect to them in the app. I get notifications in the app, just canā€™t see video in the app. I also have an Outdoor, same issue.

I think they owe me one replacement camera if not all 4 and need to do a damn better job of testing before sending out a public release. Iā€™m losing all trust and respect in this company. Too many products too fast, they are losing focus.

1 Like

Ok will do

I did the update on both my cameras and now 1 of them doesnā€™t work. Have tried everything, including manually flashing update and I get a solid yellow lightā€¦nothing else. The Cam doesnā€™t work. Reset does nothing either. Suggestions? This Cam worked fine before the update. The strange thing is the other camera updated and is working fine.

Fortunately my 3 active V2s updated without problems. But considering the problem cases Iā€™m seeing on this thread alone, Iā€™m putting off updating my inactive ones.

Maybe Wyze should pull this firmware revision until they can fully test. This has happened before, with V3s, if I recall correctly.

I was unable to view my v2 Wyze Cams after the firmware update as well. I wen to Google Play Store and searched for tinyCam Free and was able to update tinyCam to the latest version 15.1.3 that was update on Jul 22, 2021. Iā€™m now able to see my cameras.

1 Like

@XuLi I have the exact same issue, with constant yellow light, as described in this thread. I need a new camera too! Help!!! The update essentially locked my camera, it is also a brick

Hi Milkman1960, sorry for the inconvenience. Is the camera still solid yellow? If so, could you send me the MAC number of that camera, and PM me your name, address, phone number and email?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi bikergranma, sorry for the inconvenience. Is the camera still solid yellow? If so, could you send me the MAC number of that camera, and PM me your name, address, phone number and email?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you for the follow up. Another Wyze representative has helped me with this problem.

Mickey

1 Like

I too had problems with the Pan firmware 4.X.7.798 update. 2 of my 3 Pan cameras reported that the update failed and I could not get video from them. They were, however, still receiving commands and I was able to REBOOT (which did not fix the issue) and Turn them OFF and ON. I turned both of them OFF (seperately not simultaneously) twice each (with a pause of about 30 - 60 seconds between off and on), and after the 2nd turn ON they both returned to full functionality.

Data Sent

I can confirm itā€™s fixed on my 4k firestick using tiny cam pro app version 5.1.13. My firestick updated over night. The app was on 5.0.09 yesterday. I can see my v2s once again. Never lost my v3s. I had no issues using the wyze app on my iPad or android phone. I hope itā€™s working for everybody now. A slight glitch for a couple days. Still wish Wyze would do an app for the firestick. Maybe they will consider it now. I do like how the tiny cam pro app tiles my 4 cameras 2 x 2 instead of vertically like wyze. I may try the tiny cam pro app on my iPad and phone but prefer using native apps. I did side load the wyze app on my firestick but have to turn off 2fa to use it which I donā€™t like. Plus it doesnā€™t 2 x 2 tile like tiny cam pro. Anyway, wyze is still a great company doing great things in my book. Happy monitoring everybody.

1 Like

Wyze does the same. Just group a set of cams, and enter the group. If more than 4 cams, then page right.

Hey thanks. They were grouped. I turned my iPad horizontally and voila, 2 x 2! Doh! Iā€™m an idiot.

2 Likes