Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware 4.X.6.199 Released - 10/21/20

From the replies, I’m glad I passed on this update. Trust must be earned.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I’m also affected by the timezone bug on the outdoor cam. Thanks for fixing the other cams so quickly too, great to see how responsive the team are.

1 Like

Now firmware 199
I try webcam firmware , its work well.

My router is NEC BL900HW.
My Wyzecam and router work well before update191.

I have lots of Wyze problem too with my V2.

May be you can an flash to 156 firmware?
not sure if it is still available.
if not, contact Wyze to get a copy. but their customer services does not have hi

1 Like

I kind of fixed my issues.

turns out the sd card is corrupted (suspect from firmware upgrade)

if you habe sd card, try start without sd card, if it connects. format sd card and pit it back. I used exfat.

1 Like

Hi @cf7 Loading the firmware might expose bad cells but wouldn’t cause the corruption. Here are a few suggestions:

To test if its a corrupt uSD card.

• Remove the uSD from the camera and test it in your workstation.
  • Check the disk (uSD) with the command line C:\Windows\system32>ChkDsk X: /r Where X is the uSD card
  • Format the uSD card FAT32 and un-check the default “Quick” option so it can mask out bad cells.
    Note: The Format from the App is a Quick Fromat

Quick format just marks the partition as “formatted” and destroys the journal that keeps tracks of the files and their locations on hard drive.

Full format will clear files completely from the partition, rebuild the file system, volume label, and cluster size, and scans partition for logical bad sectors; that’s why full format is slower than quick format. Wyze devices must always use the FAT32 format.

2 Likes

I updated to this firmware. Work good for two days now my Wyze Pan cam s totally dead. No lights nothing. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi @njohnsonn1 Not much to go on though doubt trouble has much to do with firmware udate. There have been problems on the Pan Cam with power and USB connectors.
Check there first:

• Different outlet and power supply
  • Substitute new USB cable
  • Check USB sockets, loose, bad connection?
1 Like

That will be very strange. Only have it less than 4 months now

1 Like

So i did the suggested steps and it looks like the charging brick is not working. I switch it with another cam i have to confirm. I will have to get another are they sold separate? Or what the specs if i have to use a replacement.

1 Like

Hi @njohnsonn1 The spec is 5 Volt DC at 1 Ampere (1000 ma). Most of the cell phone chargers are 2 amps and will work just fine. You might give Wyze Support a call and see if they’ll ship you one. Otherwise BestBuy, CVS or Amazon have them.

(206) 339.9646 Live support is available: Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT

Is Wyze going to look into this issue or just leave it open ended? I have one cam that is still on version 4.1.0.5.111 and does not have these two issue the latest .199 version?

The version 4.10.6.199 fixed an issue with time zones +13 & +14 from GMT.
Try a Manual Flash back to 4.10.6.193 (October 5, 2020) and see if that helps.

You may need to open a Wyze Service Ticket if the Pan Cam is having trouble with both the newer versions.

Live support is available: +1-206-339-9646 M-F 5 am - 6 pm PT

I am asking about a status of a permanent fix. I know which old version of firmware works. I don’t understand why Wyze keep asking customers to keep going back and fore and flash their hardware back to older version of firmware yet keep releasing new version that did not address the previous bugs. It is just crazy going through this wild goose chase and putting the burden on the customers. I have been working in IT running very large scale ERP system since the 1980s but I have seen my share of ERP problems but I have never seen this kind of development problem.

At this point, I think customers just want a firmware update that address all the problems rather releasing one of two new features but break features/functions that were working in all the prior versions. Maybe there is a problem with source version control of firmware and hardware. There is probably more than one version of hardware revision of the Pan Cam out there since its inception. Wyze need to slow down and go through a complete regressing testing of every feature of the firmware for each version of their hardware revision and fix all the bugs before releasing an update in order to break out of this continuous cycle of firmware update problem.

2 Likes

As someone who is older than dirt and have also worked on large corporate ERP systems through most of my IT career, I totally agree and understand what you’re saying. :+1:

Agree 100%. I have not upgraded my cams because I see all the issues here.

I appreciate and understand that forums tend to bring out those who experience issues and those without don’t come here to complain, but even so, I get the feeling that Wyze is not taking the stability of their releases as seriously as they should be given the potentially negative effects it will likely have on their brand.

Like a bug that erases an SD card is not just a mistake–That should never ever happen.

Hi @ssspinball If your uSD card is no longer usable, please follow the instructions linked here.

You may also contact Wyze Live Support, available at : +1-206-339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

The SD cards getting erase or stopped recording have been happening in the past couple of versions of firmware. All my Pan Cams are on continuous recording and they all have high endurance SD cards that have very high MTB specifically for continuous video recording cycles applications. The problem is not the SD cards because the I know the cards are working and have no errors or wearing out . Again, another issue that have never been addressed.

The Oct 21, 2020 new release shut down my cam v2. Do you have a copy of 4.9.5.111 or know where I can get it? It was the last version that worked for me but I cannot find a copy on the Wyze website. None of the newer firmware versions work for me and I’ve tried them all.

1 Like

Hi @soverbeck1 and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

The firmware version 4.9.5.115 Aug 31 2020 was added to give customers an option for flashing back firmware to a previous version. Older firmware versions are being removed from this page because they are incompatible with newer Wyze Cams and would break a newer camera if applied.

If that won’t work for you open a Support ticket.