Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware 4.X.6.199 Released - 10/21/20

I can see my events but it says cameras have bin deleted

1 Like

@boehld1
You can find more about the issue in the link below

1 Like

After update (disappointed with myself for jumping on this update so fast) our Pans are stuttering. They will pause video and then skip to the current time and then pause again after one, yes just one, second. Weā€™ve tried rebooting everything and three different devices for viewing. Still pausing and skipping. Anyone else seeing this fun undocumented feature?

1 Like

@Nettmon Welcome to the Wyze community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Donā€™t beat yourself up over the update, because it is happening to those that didnā€™t update as well. Wyze currently is having server issues so it isnā€™t on your end. Itā€™s best to wait it out until they get everything back up and running again.

2 Likes

Hi @Nettmon and yes, welcome. I thought Microsoft had the copyright on ā€œUndocumented Featureā€. :slightly_smiling_face:

StopICU is right, there is a lot of coffee brewing at Wyze to get things right. :coffee: We users are geting back service but its intermittent.

Hi @UserCustomerGwen & @XuLi
Is there a plan to update the Outdoor Cam to sync w/GMT+13 and +14 time zones? :earth_asia:
@Steve0_NZ wants to know. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

my wyzecam V2 completely broke due to the update firmware191.
193.199 cannot restore it.
all support couldnā€™t solve the problem.

very disappointed

1 Like

what is broken?

1 Like

Hi @Toshi, Once in a while the update doesnā€™t take for a number of reasons.
Did the Wyze Support walk you through the Manual Update Process?
Its fairly reliable at resurrecting a dead cam.

Iā€™ll ask the team!

1 Like

Wyze Team, I just installed my new Cam2 and got it setup and connected. Then I received the ā€˜upgradeā€™ notice. So I complied and the upgrade failed leaving my camera in a solid yellow light state. This should not be so painful. Any useful comments before I return this?

1 Like

have U tried reset?
if not recover
download older firmware and install it manually.

1 Like

Nothing worked so I did download the software update as the release notes suggested and I got it to work. The setup button is a bit unpredictable, it took me 3 tries to press the button and plug in to have the device pick up the software from the card. 3rd time seemed to be the charm.

1 Like

Glad U got it installed.
From your description, I suggest to check your internet bandwidth, number of actively connected devices.

You might have traffic jam in your place.

1 Like

My wyzecom cannot connect network.work only webcam firmware.

I have done all I can do.

manually change firmware 156,193,199
factory reset
reboot router
wyzecam close to router
replace router
change phone devices
send log to support team

The developer double checked the log file you submitted and nothing to be wrong in there but it just canā€™t access your router.

Is there anything more I can do ?

1 Like

Looks like youā€™ve covered most of the bases. Couple things to check:

Make sure your camera is on the 2.4 Ghz WiFi and not the 5 Ghz.

Can you check the routerā€™s DHCP log and see if it has issued an IP address and the camera has accepted it.

1 Like

Thx
Ofcourse 2.4ghz
Sadly, my router cannnot isuue log.

1 Like

Hi @Toshi If you can, use another secure WiFi at a friendā€™s house or restaurant.
If the camera works there youā€™ll have isolated the problem.

1 Like

Try turn off 5ghz. radio in your router.

channel to 1
20mhz

1 Like

As @cf7 says and make sure your Mobile Data is turned off. That has caused problems.
Also the WiFi password. Sometimes a smart phone will alter w/spell check -or-
if copy/paste will add a space at the end of the pwd.

1 Like