Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware 4.X.6.191 released! 9/30/20

Download the old 156 firmware (July 2020) and install that manually. 191 Didnā€™t work for me (both auto and manual).

1 Like

Download the old 156 firmware (July 2020) and install that manually. 191 Didnā€™t work for me (both auto and manual). Try this

1 Like

Not such a great solution if a cam is in a difficult to reach location, or used by someone with no technical background. I suggest the upgrade is withdrawn, fixed and reissued.

3 Likes

The only thing that worked for me was to download 156 version. Could you please fix this for us? I reckon thereā€™s a massive number of users affected by this 191 update. Keep us posted once 192 or whatever the next version comes out

1 Like

Iā€™m letting the team know about these reports. Most folks are out of the office now but Iā€™ve sent a few messages in different areas.

1 Like

Haha same boat mate. I had to manually reach all of my cams that are outside with a ladder :frowning:

1 Like

Stop advertising the update!

1 Like

Same here. Immediately post update all cams are offline despite power cycling. Update appears to be bad! Donā€™t install!!!

1 Like

Thank goodness I checked this fine forum. Rather than updateā€¦Iā€™m going to have a beer :beers::grin:

7 Likes

Just installed a Reolink E1 today. Works as advertised, many more functional options than Wyze, PC and/or Apple app with full control of the camera. Better than Wyze in every respect except footprint. I think Iā€™ve found my Wyze replacements. :+1:

2 Likes

I upgraded three cameras and they are all offline. I unplugged them all and replugged in but problem persists. Hopefully, it is recording at least. Help!

We have this update paused as we look into what is causing this problem for some folks. If you are having trouble with your Wyze Cam being offline after the firmware update, please send in a log.

The usual method wonā€™t work because the camera is offline. This time, please generate a log by putting a microSD card into your Wyze Cam, waiting for the ding ding sound, and then read the file with a computer. When you find the most recent one (theyā€™re named with dates), please make sure it was generated around the time you tried to get a long and, if so, send it in an email to xli@wyze.com. If not, you can insert the microSD card again if you want to try again.

5 Likes

I am having the same problem as everyone else.

You are supposed to be reliable, You are the first security cam company i have ever went with and i am paying for your services monthly. are the other companyā€™s more reliable?

Updated to new version and all cams went offline, tried to manually update one to 191 and would not connect so re-tried set-up and 191 always times out trying to connect to wifi and will never connect even when next to my router.

Downgraded one cam and all working again so looks like have to go around and manually downgrade all other 6 cams some which are going to be a pain to get to :frowning:

EDIT: My wifi network is hidden so not sure if the new update fails for that reason but old works

How do you do the manual update? Through SD Card?

Yeah download firmware and rename to demo.bin on sdcard then hold setup button as plug cam back in until blue light is on.

1 Like

Hi, I think that is a good move. I sent the log files for the 3 cameras. How can my camera work again? Is there a way to revert back? Thank you for your attention.

@UserCustomerGwen
Consider removing the Update All in the Wyze app.
Just did 1 of my Cam Pan which has a easy reach access to test ā€¦and error code 90.
Did the manual downgrade and it fixed my Cam Pan.
Saving the sd card with the old firmware for the next time coming.
Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t hit ALLā€¦ :upside_down_face:

same all 5 camera offline

Not sure if it is my networks but using Asus routers with 2.4 networks ā€œnot hiddenā€, N only, 20 Mhz bandwidthā€¦ 23 devices upgraded without a hitch at two separate sites. I was upgrading from .188 to .191

1 Like