Wyze Cam v1 VS Wyze Cam v2. What's the difference?

Now that Wyze Cam v2 is stepping into the game, and some of you are progressively getting your all-new Wyze Cam v2s, share with some of the new photos / videos you’re capturing! If you have both cameras, show us a comparison between both in terms of image quality! It might help the rest of the community to see the difference. :wink:

And maybe people can discuss if V2s still have all the connectivity issues that V1s do. Or maybe discuss if V2s still have issues of missing 50% of the motion and sound. Better images and better sound are great, but if you can’t connect to your cameras, the cameras don’t maintain connections long enough to utilize playback or the alerts don’t clue the owner into when there was action, then so what.

@pthalodezin have you tried the beta? The software there is connecting without issue for most if not all users. And they are working on the issues but can’t stop production and shipping while they work on it.

yes, and no success (the claim that connecting without isse for most if not all users is supported by what - your knowledge of all owners & their connectivity). I can tell you without a doubt that I have seen no change in connectivity and I am on the beta.

The whole they can’t stop production excuse. What production? They buy their hardware from a manufacturer in China who mass produces this product for multiple clients. I have seen no evidence that they have a spec manufacturer. There are those on the internet pointing out that the internals are identical to other brands. And of course they could stop production and shipping until they have their problems fixed. They won’t because they need their income stream. They likely already blew threw the money they made on selling the not-ready-for-market V1 and now they could be doing another round of pay-to-test-our-equipment.

I find it almost insulting that they want people to post images to compare the one thing they know they improved. The image quality. Who cares. Image quality has not been the primary complaint I read about the cameras. It’s connectivity. So let’s talk about connectivity. I will tell you though. If V2s connect without issues and V1s continue to have the issue, all owners of V1s have a solid claim for replacement with V2s (and that’s a claim that would hold up to litigation - not saying that I would go that far, but it would hold up).

Hi @pthalodezin, would it be okay if someone on our side gave you a quick call? We can clarify any doubt you have, which might make things easier.

And of course they could stop production and shipping until they have their problems fixed. They won’t because they need their income stream.
I can assure you we did stop the production to find a solution for the previous issue.
"They likely already blew threw the money they made on selling the not-ready-for-market V1 and now they could be doing another round of pay-to-test-our-equipment."
This isn't true.
"I find it almost insulting that they want people to post images to compare the one thing they know they improved. The image quality. Who cares. Image quality has not been the primary complaint I read about the cameras. It’s connectivity. So let’s talk about connectivity."
There will be people who care about image quality. Let's have a chat over the phone?

You have my email, let’s keep it to that form of communication. Not big on using the phone.

Let’s be clear on your response -

“I can assure you we did stop the production to find a solution for the previous issue.”

So the connectivity is fixed or are you simply speaking about the dust issue? Stopping a production run for flaws in production in one thing. Stopping production and shipping for firmware/software functionality is another

“This isn’t true.”

One word of my previous statement can be said to be “not true”. That word is “likely”. This is a jab and hyperbole. I apologize and reword. “They may have already blown…”. A statement of possibility cannot be untrue. You may have blown through your money. You could have started a round of pay-to-test. Just because you haven’t (your claim) doesn’t mean that you couldn’t have. Now we are just parsing language. I can’t prove which you did and which you didn’t and you are likely unwilling to provide proof of why things have played out as they have (recall commentary in other thread about radical transparency - now that would be innovative).

“here will be people who care about image quality.”

You’re right. I care about image quality too. The thing is, as you roll out your 5-month-after-launch replacement for defective hardware, I find it odd that the first thing you want to promote is something that isn’t nearly as important as connectivity which lies at the root of functionality for such cameras. That’s all I am saying, but hey, if you want to keep rolling down that road that’s your choice.

I’d be super interested to see why you are still having connectivity issues on the beta. I’m wondering as well if it does have something to do with that geofencing setup you mentioned and the power on/off all the time. Unfortunately the best way we can figure this out is having you run that network test we recommended in your support ticket so we can rule out other factors. Please let me know if you can do that, it would be a huge help for us in getting your issues solved. Thanks!

Well, one problem I can tell you is that the lack of stable connectivity means that not all of my cameras are updating firmware. Since you have to be AND stay connected to upgrade the firmware (I am sure you are going to tell me that I can do it via some SD card workaround and that is fine, I will try, but your default firmware upgrades should be able to be set to automatic and occur through the wifi connection). Currently 3 of 6 cameras are on 3.9.3.28, 2 are on 3.9.2.30 and the last is stuck on 3.9.3.26. I can connect but then no prompt to upgrade (never checked the try again in 3 days button). That is likely because I connect and see a still image, evidenced by the lack of movement in the timecode. ALL demonstrate connectivity issues.

Buy hey this isn’t the place for this. This is supposed to be all about the wonderous image quality improvements. I don’t have my V2 yet, so I can’t compare, but right now, I don’t care as much about image quality (V1 does leave something to be desired) as I do stable connectivity.

I have 4 Wyze cameras. 2 of which are in my garage very far from the router, across the yard and in the garage. I have no connections issues. 1 of my cams I do have to restart often, the strange thing is- it is about 4 feet from my router. I would say having my different types of cameras from different companies, I think the Wyze are more stable then the others were. I am eager to try the V2 and Pan Cam.