Wyze Cam v1 and Wyze Cam Pan MicroSD Card Problems

Correct but if we’re not breaking the guidelines you have no reason to delete it. And the guidelines on Facebook are much different than the guidelines here on your own forum.

After discussion with @nickso, this post has been moved to its own thread (since we hijacked the other one).

When nickso has time, he’s going to send me a message with previous support ticket numbers so that I can look into why he wasn’t receiving responses to his previous tickets. We already discussed the limitations with the motion detection zone and how it will not prevent Wyze Cam Pan from focusing on a fan since motion can be tracked past the boundaries of the zone. However, he has had multiple Wyze branded microSD cards become corrupted past salvaging with a full format in a computer and he noticed that this became an issue after a specific time (potentially related to an update). I’m going to work on getting him in contact with customer support folks that can help out.

Talk to you during the week, nickso! Thanks for taking the time to discuss these issues with me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is that the Facebook Core group? I just joined that one tonight.

1 Like

Yep they kicked me out of the group because if you say anything against Wyze they don’t like it. Just like this group basically I’ll be kicked out of it pretty soon. They don’t like to hear the truth. So as long as it’s the truth that I tell I’m going to continue to tell it. And if people don’t wanna listen to it or read it they can move on. But I’m going to tell the truth about how Wyze is operating and that’s just the way it is

1 Like

My bad, WYZE does control the FB group as well.

1 Like

No problem it didn’t bother me to get kicked out I found it quite humorous that they get that worked up that they kick somebody out of the group. Especially when they know I was right because they started a thread that had nothing to do with products and I commented on that thread about nothing to do about products and then they come back at me and say only comment about products well then don’t start a thread thats not about products. And how coldhearted can a company be to delete a post about 104-year-old man that beat Covid when there thread was about Covid? I mean that just shows to me their true colors. Heartless! I really don’t care they could kick me out of this forum tomorrow and guess what my life‘s gonna go on. And guess what their products are still going to be functioning poorly, they won’t give answers and the Wyze drones will continue to eat it up. He will continue to buy early access products at full price that are essentially in beta testing. But try convincing any of them of that. Good luck

I think I’m gonna cut way down on checking these groups unless I’m looking for specific information or help. I was just realizing how much time I spend on here daily and it’s way too much.

1 Like

Yep me too. Trying to help other people and then getting backlash for it or being all negative in this that and whatever it’s not worth it. I’ve got better things to do with my time and I will move on

You were removed from the Facebook group after this comment was posted:

As you had already been told previously, personal attacks are prohibited in Core. Breaking the community guidelines led to you being removed from the group and is what would lead to you being removed from the forum.

We removed that post for not being on the topic of Wyze products and services in a post about us offering thermometers and a webcam firmware (products). This was after an ongoing discussion with another community member about COVID-19 safety practices. The comments from the other community member were removed for the same reason.

I can already see ya typing. Do you ever take a second off? You keep saying weekends are your time.

I made this thread for Nick and have been keeping an eye on it in case he gave me the support ticket numbers or had something else he needed to communicate. He had been waiting for answers long enough so I’m doing periodic checks to make sure we help him properly this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Periodically when I post. :joy:

Btw. I had shut comments off on that page and that person kept posting laughing emojis on all my posts? You address him? Of course not. You never do.

Many many years ago, I was involved in about 20 newsgroups in USENET (younger folks won’t know what that is :slight_smile: ) and this thread brings me back to those days : )

So, where are we with the SD card issue ?

2 Likes

Plus it’s not a personal attack if it’s the truth. Just like the mods need to understand the definition of guidelines.

Well said. I am still dealing with SD card issues. Pan Cam V2 Stops recording after about 3 days. The card will read 0/0 Then after a camera reboot - the card returns and there is nothing on it. It’s almost like the camera erases or FORMATS the entire SD card to make room for more video - then it can’t read the card until a REBOOT.

Ignoring the other topics here, on the card issue- what type of card are you using? I ask because recently there has been new ( to me, at least) info brought out about High Endurance cards. Apparently the old great standbys like SanDisk data cards aren’t designed for the constant rewrite cycles of continuous recording. I read this and switched several months ago and a number of perplexing, hard to diagnose problems went away.
At any rate, here is some info on them as and the ones I switched to.

High Endurance Cards

Memory card formatter - recommended Program for formatting cards. I do this with any new card before use.

Info on High Endurance Cards

1 Like

@nickso, just popping by to check in on you. Have you had time to check for those old support ticket numbers? It’s okay if not but I want to make sure I’m not missing a message from you somewhere and accidentally leaving you hanging. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if I ever received your email address.

These forums run together.

If you click on my name in the forum, you can send me a direct message. That works as direct communication outside of the public view. Email is not the best way to get a hold of me but I will also receive an email with the message. :slight_smile:

1 Like