I wanted to begin by commending WYZE for their efforts to assist during these difficult times.
The comments from people using the new firmware were getting lost in the discussion and announcement of the the thermometer so I thought I would great a webcam specific thread.
I was one of many who could not get a webcam that would enable me to continue working whilst at home. The new ‘Webcam’ firmware has enabled me to repurpose a Wyze came and it works well.
- Use a good SD card freshly formatted with the demo.bin file at the root directory level
- Use a good usb A to usb A cable (use USB 3 quality into a USB 3 port). Issues I’ve had have been linked to the data part of the cable isn’t good.
Is there anyway to adjust any of the camera settngs? The wyze app can’t be used as I don’t think the webcam firmware has wifi enabled. Is it possible to add this to V3 of the firmware and provide a settings tab? I have tried an app on my Mac that can change a webcam’s settings but it doesn’t support the wyze cam. I emailed the app author and asked if he might consider adding it. The app is called ‘Web cam’ in apple OS store.
The main settings to adjust would be:
- FOV Field of view (if possible)
- Colour saturation and hue
- The amount of sharpening used.
Anyone else got any ideas or work arounds?