Wyze Cam Saved Cottage - Maybe A Life!

I had just been up the previous weekend and had an update option for the camera. It had a 14 day free trial continuous motion recording option. I had clicked on it. I believe that is why I got the more extensive alert recordings and notifications.

1 Like

Read the top of the thread. I explain what happened at the start of my post. Drunk snowmobiler crashed into our cottage deck and it all caught on fire.

1 Like

Ya I read the whole thing and responded. But the pics of the window were posted by madcam so I thought it was a different situation. Sorry.

1 Like

Looking at the images, have you considered elevating the camera a bit (perhaps with a small block of wood), so that it gets a better view of outside? A good portion of the view appears to be taken up by the interior window frame.

3 Likes

Good idea. I hadnā€™t worried about doing it in the past because the purpose of the camera was to watch my dock/boat - which it has a great view of in the summer by that window.

After this incident, your idea is precisely what I will be doing. Cutting and painting a small piece of trim to raise it up about 1.5ā€. That should give me the clearance need to pan more directly downward. That said, it sits in a second story window in a vaulted lake side room. Not sure how great of an angle down Iā€™ll get - but it should be better than what I currently have.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. What a great testament to Wyze.

2 Likes

You can clearly see the Wyze cam in the reflection while itā€™s recording the fire. Iā€™m very glad your house was saved. It could have been so much worse.

1 Like

Donā€™t drink and drive. Simple as that!

1 Like

Amazing! He hit that post real hard. He was lucky to walk away from that. But, what a dumbass.

4 Likes

WOW ! Yeah WYZE. This is exactly the type of thing I bought it for.

1 Like

I caught a pack rat on my deck railā€¦saw him two nights in a rowā€¦third night, neighborhood cat was seen on patrol and havenā€™t seen the packrat since. the pack rat ran down the rail and climbed right over the camera :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yikes! :rat:

1 Like

Speaking as a reformed pack rat 12 years pack free, we donā€™t mean any harm. Just trying to do our thing.

2 Likes

They do make good organ donorsā€¦