Wyze Cam Recording Interval?

My question is about how frequently a Wyze Cam will record a motion-sensed event on Wyze Cam V.2 and the new Wyze Cam V.3.

Background:
We have a single Wyze Cam V2. We set it to do motion-sensing recording. It records 12-second clips (approximately), and sends an alert to my phone after a delay of about 1 minute to 5 minutes (assuming my cellphone is receiving OK when stuffed in the pocket of my jacket while driving in the car, which is not always the case.)

We just use the free service, i.e. we do not pay for a recording/storing online subscription.

What I’ve noticed is that events are only recorded at approximately 5-minute intervals even if there’s continuous activity in the room. So, motion is sensed and a recording is made. Then the camera waits 5 minutes before it will record anything else.

NOTE: I understand that we can set the camera to do continuous recording on the micro-SD card which we have inserted into the camera. This function works OK, no problem.

Question 1: Am I correct that 12-second event recording at 5-minute intervals is how the camera is intended to work?

Question 2: Does the new Wyze Cam V.3 work the same way, i.e 12-second recording with a limit of 1 recording every 5 minutes or so?

Question 3: Does a paid subscription record motion-sensed events more frequently or for longer duration?
And is that service the same for Wyze Cam V.2 and V.3?

1 Like

Hi @andrewbaggins Yes on question 1, 12 seconds, then 5 minutes.
Not sure on question 2
Yes on 3 for the V2. Since it is a service would assume it is same for all incl V3.
Hope someone will hop in here with detailed information on the V3 right away. . .

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding my Question 3.about longer or more frequent event recording, you said: " Yes on 3 for the V2. "

Can you tell me how long and how frequent, please?

1 Like

This service will work with the V3 when it’s released and currently works with all other Wyze cameras.
Cam Plus records all motion events for the full length of time (however long the motion is) with no cool down time(gap between videos). The videos are saved in the “events” section on a rolling 14 day period like the free events. Cam Plus also includes person detection AI.
More information here:

1 Like

Unlimited & Unlimited! :slightly_smiling_face:
Items with the * are pending. You can read more about it here:

1 Like

Thanks for that information. We may have a use for that subscription service in the near future.

2 Likes

Thanks again. Helps us make a decision on expanding our coverage.

2 Likes

Yes, waiting to see what others post about the expaded service.
You can tag two users in the same reply by using the @ sign in front of their name(s).
ie: @andrewbaggins @Brlepage

1 Like