Wyze Cam PRO

After seeing the release of the Wyze Cam V3, I think there is a much needed upgrade to be done to the Wyze Cam Pan. (This could also just be a new type of camera altogether. Wyze Cam Pro?) Here is a list of things I believe to be crucial for a new camera:

1. Optical Zoom - One of the biggest things that I feel needs to be added to a new iteration of the Pan Cam is optical zoom. Most consumer/professional PTZ security cameras on the market (such as this one) have an optical lens that physically zooms in and out instead of relying on digital zoom. I know that Wyze seems to stay away from creating cameras with resolutions above 1080p (This is most likely due to streaming reasons) Imagine if you had multiple 4K wifi security cameras streaming all at the same time. Your internet probably couldn’t hand that much bandwidth. Using a motorized lens would allow you to zoom in and grab detail while still keeping the resolution to 1080p for streaming. Even 3x zoom capabilities would be enough for most people. And while this might make the cost of a new Pan Cam more expensive I feel like people would be willing to pay for this feature.

2. More reliable motion tracking - One of the biggest issues I’ve had with the V1 is the sketchiness of the motion tracking feature. I have my camera placed up high and it seems to want to track the can lights in my ceiling half the time. And when a person does walk in the view it overshoots a lot of the time. I think Wyze just needs to really nail this feature before they decide to release another version of the Pan Cam (or Wyze Cam Pro)

3. Indoor/Outdoor rated - Just like the Wyze Cam V3 I think it would be nice to be able to place this camera wherever you need it, be it indoors or outdoors.

4. Power over Ethernet - An all around better way to provide the camera with both power and reliable internet. But not a necessity. 2Ghz Wifi still works well in most situations.

5. Integration with other Wyze products - I think it would be very cool to be able to have this camera integrated with smart features. For example: If you have a larger front yard and you have a Wyze Cam Pro covering most of the yard and a Wyze Cam V3 at your front door. Whenever the normal Wyze Cam detects motion it could trigger the Pro cam to move and zoom into your door (basically to go to one of your preset Waypoints). The same concept could apply to contact sensors or motion sensors.

Please feel free to add more ideas in the discussion.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Your submission has been merged (see below). For future reference, please search the #wishlist and #roadmap categories before submitting a new #wishlist topic. Use these links to search each category:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

You can now hop on over to the merged topic (see below) and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

=======================

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ideas for Wyze Cam Pan V2