Wyze Cam Plus Shares?

If I pay for the yearly and I just added a user do they not fall in under my Cam Plus or they too have to pay for it??

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @aloapamen.

I have never shared my devices, but, the license is associated to the device. I would infer that the share would pass along the licensed attributes?

Have you set this up? What are you experiencing?

Thank you. Yes, that would be my assumption too but when I am on their device the Camera Plus is not selected and I click to activate and it takes me to the sign up screen for cam plus … :thinking: is

Now I wanna test… I’ll get back to you in what I see. Are you the sharer or the share-ee?

Well… it would appear as if my inference was wrong. The licenses is associated to the Account and not the device.

Looks like the person you shared the device with would need to purchase a CAM plus license as you identified.

From a utility/architectural perspective that makes since in terms of how the license is structured in the app, as in you purchase with your primary account, you are sharing with a different account, and can move from one device to another but…logically, I am still of the mind set that if a Cam plus License is applied to a device those attributes should pass along to the person you are sharing with.

There is a wish list item for this functionality. While this relates to the Person Detection there was also a CAM plus Wishlist item that got linked to the original. Check it out ang give it a VOTE. on the top left of the page

It should really be associated with the camera that has C subscription on it and nothing else. That’s how Wyze markets it. An example of this would be using a camera to monitor a mother or father that has dementia or Alzheimer’s and needs full-time monitoring. With the subscription, various family members can take turns monitoring the camera 24/7 so they do not have to hire costly in the house help

Family buy the cam and share the Cam Plus account?

why not? we buy and share the camera itself! The Cam+ is assigned to a specific Camera, so sharing should be possible

I do agree… If you have purchased a Cam Plus License and Share the Device it should share the features of the Cam Plus license.

I don’t know how it was marketed but from what I can tell (and this was my first exposure to the device sharing as I personally have not had a use case for it);

Its a parent child relationship.

The license is assigned to the account (The parent)
You apply the license to the device (the child)
You share the device (the child). Where the licenses is applied not assigned to the child.

In your use case. You could create a shared “primary” account and share that account with your family members vs the device.

And support the wish list item, after looking there appears to be a couple of similar requests.

1 Like

My roommate and i share all things we are like brothers He may buy a camera then i may buy one we do this with many things not just wyze We live in same apt watch same cameras yet i can not get full access to our cameras and neither can he so some have plus on my phone and some have plus on his phone and how will that effect the monitoring
Why is this that way you afraid you’ ll lose money some how Well You will be losing us We are going to go elsewhere and i think we all should stop paying for CAM PLUS until it is rightfully ours to do and control as we wish
Plus we lost a couple licenses for cam plus and the “support” never fixed it or refunded the money
And while on the subject This company has to have the worst customer service and support
i have ever seen I wish i knew all this before i spent so much money in supporting a new small company years ago and now they have turned their back on us
OMG you think they are Apple in disguise

I noticed during my initial trial period, that some of the Plus features and the device control (settings), were not available to shared users. I had assumed this was because of trial limitations. I’ve come to learn this is not the case, and is the designed behaviour. This doesn’t really make sense in a family environment.

I’m hoping this Wishlist item doesn’t end up getting endlessly pushed back. Please be sure to vote for this change (hit the “Vote” button near the top left):

Multiple Users’ Permissions for Shared Users - Wishlist - Wyze Community (wyzecam.com)

well as typical of wyze i cant find the vote button thats one way to stop bad comments

Go all the way to the top of the thread

When cam plus originally came out it was available for any user that the device was shared with to use the features that were already paid for on the device because the license was for the device itself not for the person so the shared user could access the extra event videos or see the additional tags and the stuff that was paid for but then they got rid of that without any prior notice given to already subscribing to cam plus subscribers and people who had already purchased their subscription with that feature included were just told that they ripped it away well they weren’t told they were told after it was gone that that’s why they’re shared users can no longer use a features like I bought a yearly subscription and halfway through the subscription this feature disappeared even though it’s included in the list of things I paid for at time of purchase and the original reason I canceled camplus for the first time after being a subscriber since the beginning I’m getting my cameras in 2020 it made things simple such as like owning a rental property or having multiple houses on one account because it allowed the property manager or tenants to access these things and I didn’t have to be the one to go through all the videos and watch playback and stuff like that they could without needing the access to all the devices on my account so then we had to switch to creating an account for said property and allowing everyone to have access to log into it yeah sometimes you get kicked off cause somebody else logs in the same time as you or it just doesn’t work that great because somebody else is logged in on their phone but that’s the solution we had to do instead of paying for a subscription on one camera for five different people because there’s five different people that all need access to the camera and the features which was one of the big reasons why we chose to do Wyze instead of Google nest which is what our ecosystem already was prior to that so if they need to use a specific feature than the other allowed to log into it to see a tenant but the only people that are allowed to stay logged into the account are the property manager and myself so there’s not any issues with like a property manager not getting a notification that the house is being broken into because one of the tenants is still logged into the app from work and his is technically not in the background because they logged in and may have kicked him off and now he requires sign into the app to receive notifications again but he doesn’t know that because the app doesn’t tell him that or anything like that you know it’s a love-hate relationship it used to be a love love relationship but then they started getting rid of features and not really telling already subscribing people to said features in advance which probably wasn’t 100% legal but probably somewhere in the terms and conditions it says that we have the right to change the services and features at any time which covers adding services to not charge you more money To already subscribed users and cover Services being removed without them having to refund for loss of already purchased features it’s just how corporations work but I thought Wyze wasn’t going to be like that like other corporations and until that happened and I spent a long time not buying any more products because I had to severely question the company’s intentions going forward if this had already happened because what I needed out of the cameras was only offered through subscription additional purchases on top of the actual device purchases and so I had to decide am I going to buy a cheaper device and get the added service and hope that it’s still there down the road or do I just fork out the extra money to get it from Google or ring or whoever and have it hardwired built into the device and know that it’s not going to just disappear because it’s part of the either the hardware or software within the device and not some type of cloud-based something or other that can be changed