Wyze Cam Plus not working

Forgive my lack of knowledge here, but how does one roll back their firmware? I also edited my previous post right before you replied…

1 Like

Always better to ask, I would rather help and show and not have you flounder around. I will go get the steps and attach them here.

Also, I work with @WyzeBaohua on some of this. If this all fails, they may be able to help with flashing firmware OTA. But I believe you should try to do it first.

You would go here for the FW, and can download it by clicking on the version number for the device you would like.

I will add more info shortly.

Edit

Here is the steps I posted in the past:

1 Like

I’m going to wait for the beta firmware update first to see if that fixes the issue… if not, I’ll try removing myself from the beta and revert the firmware back to see if that corrects the issue. I’ll report back after my findings. Thanks so much for your assistance!

1 Like

I am hoping the Beta FW will be completed soon for us to test.

Regardless, I like seeing what is going to be coming and what issues to expect. Granted, it is a double edged sword, but I do this as my normal job as well. So, I am willing to test pre-release items as I normally can fix issues, even if I need to roll back. This is kind of fun - I know, it is a sickness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a heads up, After chatting with Wyze it was suggested I restore my camera to default and reconnect. Pain in the a** since I had to access my camera which is mounted outside. Did the factory reset, reconnected, and reassigned the license. Camera detection now works. Doesn’t quite work as well as during the free trial so I wonder if I got bamboozled lol. It is what it is.

1 Like

This fixed my issue as well. We should’ve led with that option first :+1:

So, resetting the camera to default settings only corrected the issue for 4 days. As of today, events are no longer recording again.

Created a ticket for support from Wyze and they’re telling me it’s a hardware issue… to replace the camera :thinking:

I haven’t changed anything and I am getting some notifications now. Certainly not like I was before the update but it is notifying me about 70% of the time now.

my motion and ai recording has worked for about 3 days out of the past 2 months… camera V3 with camplus

As of 2:00pm EST, my events started working again on their on.

Getting no person detection events recorded on my Outdoor cam after the base station firmware update. No events recorded, no notifications. Motion events work fine, but not the AI person events.

As luck would have it, events stopped working again on 10/28 around 4pm EST :man_facepalming:

Side note, even after events started working again on their own, none of the Cam Plus features worked, person, package, vehicle, pet.

Do you have location on your phone turned on for the app ? It helps !

I did not and I do not believe I remember the app ever prompting me for permission on location… I’ve been using Wyze for over 3 years and this has never been an issue before now.

What phone do you have is it up to date iOS 15 ?

All of our devices are up to date. This issue runs across all devices. 3 different tablets, my phone, and my partners phone.

Interesting ! Maybe the issue is one of the devices that’s my best guess , this happened after the app update correct ? I’d remove the app and reinstall them maybe it’s a communication error .

That is correct. We only have the one camera. Have removed the app and reinstalled it multiple times without any luck. Even switched over to the Beta version and back.

I’d contact support then ! They must have someone that knows what the issue is , maybe it’s the camera itself ?