Wyze Cam Personal Experience

DO NOT Buy a Wyze Cam - Here’s Why

We have a total of 6 Wyze Cam V2 cameras purchased with a 4 year warranty, when purchased they offered free cloud events recording, 12 second events, 1 every 5 minutes. Now, the cameras are absolutely and completely useless without cloud, since you can’t fast forward through the timeline on your local MicroSD card recordings, so unless you KNOW the exact time an event occurred, forget finding it randomly, or accidentally coming across the event you are looking to locate.

You cannot USE a Mac or PC to review the recordings unless you SWAP the Micro SD card out (which are a pain in the neck to unmount) and install a new Micro SD card, for 6 cameras you would have to spend hours daily, swapping Micro SD cards, downloading & reviewing Micro SD card video footage on a real computer screen.

If; I pay for ‘Cam Plus’ Cloud Services it would cost (for a total of 6 cameras) $90.oo µ$ per year (billed annually) @ 1.25 per month (in order to make it sound like a small amount of cost.)

If you simply buy a complete system. Example: $400 with a DVR or NVR recording device, you can get the alerts to your mobile device(s) absolutely free of charge indefinitely. Your video is 100% reviewable on a PC or Mac, Desktop, Laptop, Android, iPad, iPhone, etc. And in many cases, they have “popup screenshots” as you scan the timeline of your video with your mouse, so you can see exactly what is in the video without even watching the video first. Much faster and far more efficient than the Wyze Cam force you to buy/pay monthly (billed annually) Cam Plus cloud services.

In 4 years of spending money with the Wyze Cam for Cam Plus, you could invest in a serious security system with DVR or NVR. Into your 5th year of Wyze you would be spending another $90.oo µ$ for Cam Plus cloud services.

All of my cameras now say ‘Unknown Device’ when I attempt to access the events in the cloud. Meaning, I cannot access the 12 second events in the cloud free of charge anymore. When I purchased the cameras cloud was free indefinitely. With the limitation 12 second events, 1 every 5 minutes. Give me back what I originally purchased.

I am completely dissatisfied with the purchase of these Wyze Cam’s some more than 4 years ago, some newer. If I had known all 6 of these cameras would be rendered completely useless by this new Wyze Cam Policy, I would never have purchased 6 Wyze Cam’s in the first place. IN fact I would never have purchased any Wyze Cam products at all. There is NO OTHER option except to pay for service I do not want in order to be able to properly monitor the 6 cameras. There is NO OPTION TO RECORD THE EVENTS TO MY OWN Micro SD card internally. WHY NOT? Other cameras offer this option.

Wyze WILL NEVER make it possible for you (the end user) to CHOOSE to record events to YOUR OWN internal Micro SD card because that would render their cloud (Cam Plus), and thus their monthly revenue stream null and void. Why pay for something you can record and review yourself. That has always been the plan. Let me record my OWN events to the internal Micro SD card. End of story.

I read 1 commenter: if you don’t like it, then don’t buy a Wyze Cam. This is counter productive and completely negative and serves no purpose.

Well, that is a moot point at this stage. I already own 6 Wyze Cams (with extended 4 year warranty) and have for many years now. Besides, it is not the cameras I am dissatisfied with, it is the Wyze policy of money first, customer requested features & customer service second. Forcing potential customers to buy/purchase/pay for a service they do not want, is a business model which is destined to failure. Especially in light of the fact that other cameras offer the EXACT features discussed. Furthermore, it is completely absurd to treat the public as if they are idiots who will fall for such dishonest business practices & tactics. Mark my words this will come back to haunt you eventually once word gets out, and it eventually WILL get out.

You apparently did not learn anything working at Amazon, the customer ALWAYS comes first, they are the ones who provide profit. Any other consideration is secondary. If it is not, your business model is guaranteed to fail.

If you bought a Wyze Cam I recommend you SEND IT BACK as quickly as possible.

Wyze Cam thinks people don’t join this forum until AFTER they buy a Wyze Cam. This will be posted at other locations for this very reason. So we can catch the potential buyer BEFORE they make the mistake and waste their money. When you buy a Wyze Cam, it is conveniently hidden that cloud is a monthly cost and how much.

Thank you,

I may edit this as time permits

Thank you

1 Like

My experience with Wyze products to date.

1. Cam Outdoor is mixed to Poor. If you loose your Network the Cam Outdoor battery (95%) after 12hrs-15hrs went down to 19%. I was out of town and noticed my 2nd Network was down and once I rebooted the Network the Cam reconnected but after 15hrs the Cam was Dead.
    1b. Stick with Default settings. If you change the Detection Settings or Detection Zone this WILL eat the Battery. I had sent my Log file to Support but nothing after 2 weeks.
  2. Wyze Watch 47 is work in progress (battery an strap issues),…It’s in the draw and will stay there.
  3. Headphones works well.
  4. Base Station is wonky and should have a Strong line of sight with your Router or Repeater.
  5. Video Door Bell is OK. Works for me.
  6. Wyze Plugs works Very Well…It’s simple so it works !!!
  7. Handheld Vacuum is still in the box.
  8. Home Monitoring system is still in the box but I will not be installing as I don’t trust my Home to Wyze (work in Progress)…Purchased Ring Security Systems (for 2nd home) and works very well.
  9. Waiting for Cordless Vacuum…I use 2 Dyson’s and they are GREAT !!! Too be continued.