Wyze Cam Pan won't connect to my 2.4 Ghz wifi

Thanks, I looked through the manual and I don’t see many settings that can be changed. Unfortunately most ISP-provided modem/router combo units are not very configurable, so if something in the Hitron is blocking communication we may not be able to change it.

One way around that would be to use your own wireless router behind the Hitron, either in AP mode (providing WiFi access to the Hitron LAN) or by switching the Hitron to Bridged mode (disabling routing on the Hitron, passing internet through to the wireless router).Spending more money on a router isn’t ideal, but the flexibility and performance (AC1200 class routers are very inexpensive now) may be worth it.

Without another router to test, you could also try your ISP support and explain that you can’t talk to another wireless device on your network. If the Hitron is ISP-provided they may have seen that issue before or be able to configure things you can’t access through the normal user interface (another reason I prefer my own equipment).

1 Like

I think the next step I’ll take will be to call my ISP.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you could help me with something else? I was able to connect my Wyze Cam to my phone data plan successfully, but then I turned on my Wifi on my phone. However, it seems the Wyze app thinks that I still want to connect to my phone data. When I go into settings > Device info, the network name is listed as my phone network still. Is there a way that I can switch to my 2.4 GHz network within the app? When I first was setting up the camera with the app, I had the option to type in my network and network password. It did not work with the 2.4 GHz network, and the network kept timing out. So I tried connecting with my phone data plan and it worked. But now it has saved the phone data network, and I don’t see a way to change the network within the settings. I deleted the app, and redownloaded, hoping I’d get to the setup screen again, where I could enter my Wifi details again, however I was prompted to enter my username and password. After I did that, I was brought to the live stream, where it says “Device is offline(error code 90) Please check your internet connection or power cycle the camera”. So I held the button at the bottom of the camera, and now it’s saying “Ready to connect”. Can anyone help with this please?

You’ll want to connect your phone to your 2.4GHz network, then launch the Wyze app, tap the 3 dots at the top right, and choose “Add a Product”. Once you select your Cam it should ask you for the network name and password which should be prefilled with your 2.4GHz network name. It will then display a QR code to scan with the camera to complete setup.

It sounds like the Cam may not have been connected to your router at all if I’m reading that correctly. If so, there may be more troubleshooting we can do on the setup phase if the above process still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for your response. I figured out what to do, and now my device is working! I will let you know what I did, in case this could help you or others who may be reading.

I reset my router by pressing the button at the back.

In order to get to the screen where I need to input my Wifi details, I deleted my device in the app, and then re-added the device. I was taken through the setup steps again. This time, when I entered my 2.4 GHz network and password, I was able to successfully connect. I put in an SD card as well.

My camera works on the “Record events only” setting, in that it records the first 12 seconds when motion is detected. However on the “Continuous recording” setting, when I click “View Playback”, it seems to not want to connect. It goes to a loading screen, and says: Connecting (1/3) Authenticating (2/3) Getting video data (3/3) Try to connect: 2 times".

So it’s working better now than it used to, but still having some connection issues.

Glad to hear it’s working for you now!

The connection failures when trying to view playback are usually due to poor signal quality. You can check the reported signal quality in the Wyze app (when viewing the camera tap the gear icon at the top right, then tap Device Info and look for WiFi quality), or just move it closer to the router and see if the issue goes away.

1 Like