Wyze Cam Pan Tester Reviews

I enjoyed being a tester for Wyze Cam Pan ! The easy setup and many options for any household are great. It has worked effortless for the few weeks I have had it. The Pan feature makes so little noise you do not hear it unless you are next to it. It is nice to check in your home when not there and the pan feature gives you a wide angle to see a larger area than a stationary cam. It has a nice clean sleek design that fits in well. The customer support team at Wyzecam is the best in the business, they are like friends with the desire to listen and act on any ideas that users would like, they are quick to act for any customer service questions. The nicest crew ever! The cost is unbelievable low for all the quality and features, plus the free cloud ! HELLO ! I will be buying more :slight_smile: Thank you Wyzecam !

I’ve had the Wyze Cam Pan in my home for approximately a month as part of the beta testing program. Shipping was prompt and the packaging was very well put together, just like the camera itself. Setup took a whole three minutes and after that my experience has been nothing less than fantastic. Wyze’s support is prompt, respectful, and make you feel truly valued as a customer.
The camera itself gives the user a great (nearly) 365 degree view of a room and paired with the motion tracking takes seeing what’s going on in your home to the next level. Even using the app to manipulate the camera from outside your home is fast and incredibly responsive. In the month I’ve had the camera I’ve experienced zero downtime and Wyze has proven to be a very trustworthy and worthwhile investment!
What’s even greater is the price point they offer the camera at with consideration of the value added in no monthly fees for their cloud service. I feel secure in knowing Wyze is looking after my home.

If those of you with questions would check YouTube, there are many reviews on the Wyze Cam Pan that can answer them for you.

There’s no panning this new WyzeCam! As a tester I have seen the Wyze Cam Pan go from hiding every time I came into the room to the watchful eye it has become. I have tested it on my Galaxy S7, iphone 6, and ipad mini 4. Setting it up is a breeze, I believe it scanned the qr code quicker than the v1 or v2. Of course it has the 14 day cloud storage for events and gives you a 12 second clip. If you want to see more, just go to that time on the playback timeline after installing your 32gb microsd card. It’s 360 degree panning is fairly quiet in the room, but a little noisy on audio through the app. The ability to setup way points for it to scan every 10 seconds is a very good option. The default option was good enough for me though. The 2 way audio has proved to be loud enough and audible enough to get my husbands attention when I need to. The night vision has been improved and lets me keep an eye on my office as well as the status of my washer and dryer, no more running down to find it is still rinsing. You can pan the cam with the app controls or if you turn your phone or ipad horizontal, you can pan the camera horizontal or vertical by swiping with your finger. Of course you have the option to set the camera in HD or SD mode and nightvision on, off, or auto. It has been amazing how hard the wyzecam group has worked to get this camera to where it is. Seems like in the morning there would be a new firmware or app update and by the afternoon there would be a new firmware or app available. I never knew how much R&D was involved in bringing a product to fruition. I believe this a great and affordable new camera from Wyze and look forward to adding more to my security system. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next!

Really, all I have to say is: “Wyze did it again!!” I was lucky enough to help out with testing of the new Wyze Cam Pan and this thing is freakin’ cool. Does it have some limitations? Sure. But everything else it can do is phenomenal. Let’s start from the beginning…

If you liked the packaging and setup of the Wyze Cam v1 and v2, you’re going to love it again! Pan came attractively and securely packaged. Setup with the app was a breeze, per usual. All good in this department!

Once Pan is up and running, you immediately realize how much fun it’s going to be. Pan has all the same features of v2, including the option for HD or SD video, night vision, photo snapshots, manual video recording, 2-way audio, motion tagging, time lapse, sound alerts, motion alerts, smoke alarm alerts, CO alerts, alert scheduling, free 14-day cloud based notifications with video clips, and IFTTT support, but then Pan goes wild! Not only can you manually pan 360 degrees, tilt up/down, and zoom, but Pan can DO IT BY ITSELF!! What the whaaaaat? Turn on Pan Scan and the camera will look around, cycling between various positions, either 4 pre-defined waypoints or manually selected waypoints to scan as much or as little of the 360-degree view as you want. What gets even crazier is when you turn on Motion Tracking, the camera will actually FOLLOW OBJECTS AROUND as they move across the field of vision. As soon as the object stops or moves out of range, the camera will either go back to its previous stationary position or resume Pan Scan. Be warned however! This is guaranteed to scare the bejeebers of any unsuspecting friends, partners, delivery drivers, or pets than Pan may see and track.

Ok, not to be a Debbie Downer, but this magical device does have a few limitations. First, in Pan Scan mode, you are limited to a 10 second interval of the camera moving between waypoints. You cannot have it sit at each position for a shorter or longer amount of time. Second, the Motion Tracking is pretty awesome, but it isn’t perfect, and can overshoot the movement at times. This has been getting better and better as updates roll out. Third, Pan does not have a magnetic base like v1 and v2, but it does have a threaded tripod mount. And finally, the same limitations of the original Wyze Cams exist as the Pan is only rated for indoor use and only approved for 32GB SD cards, although people have had luck with their Pans outside and with larger SD cards (proceed at your own risk). One more item to note is that if you are a v1 or v2 owner, you need to be careful not to mix up your power adapters. The Pan adapter looks identical to the v1 and v2 adapter, but the v1 and v2 adapters will not be able to supply enough power for Pan to work.

So, as we were testing, we did not know how much Wyze Cam Pan would cost once it was released. I loved the product with all of the new features, but had a gut full of dread that the cost would creep up into the realm of other smart cameras, and I would no longer think the value was there. And then WYZE DID IT AGAIN!! (see how I tied that around full circle?) Only $30?!?!? How in the heck is that possible? Still an amazing value, so good that I will likely buy a few more Pan Cams, because why not?? I mean shoot, you’re wasting money by not buying Wyze Cams! And always, customer support from Wyze is great, from product troubleshooting to app and firmware updates, they continue to shine. I truly cannot wait to see what this company does next!

I hate to say it but I was really hoping it was going to be either an outdoor camera or a doorbell camera. Do you guys actually want this??

I’ll let everyone else speak for whether or not they want the Pan Cam. However, I CAN say that this has been frequently requested. Not as much as an outdoor camera but it was desired!

We’re working on a design for an outdoor camera but I don’t know when that will be ready. Our manufacturer already had this hardware available. :slight_smile:

Thanks for fast response. Super happy to hear about a outdoor camera coming out. Put me down for 4. And I need 3 more for my daughter. ?

My pleasure! I’m pretty stoked about the outdoor camera, myself! We look forward to your future order. :smiley:

I don’t want just any outdoor Cam, I NEED 6 Outdoor PanCams NOW!

Outdoor PanCams would be a security industry game changer.

In order to get adequate coverage around my house and property I have to use 15 stationary cameras. If I had PanCams I would only need 6 and they would actually provide me with better coverage and make monitoring easier.

I love your innovative devices and think I would be a great candidate for testing and reviewing your products. How can I apply to participate in Alpha/Beta tests in the future?

Thank You!
Jeremy

Hey, Jeremy!

Sorry for my delay! We don’t have any openings right now but if you keep an eye on our beta section of the forum, the Wyze Cam Core Users Facebook group, and our subreddit you will know about the next round of open applications. :slight_smile:

Best,

WyzeCracker

Ok this Cam Pan cable connects into the camera not the base. There really is no base. I have one here, and on the webpage if you click on the Cam Pan it rotates and shows where the connection is in the back. It isn’t the optimal design as the cable can impede the movement of the camera depending on the amount of slack.

True that when connected to the base, the cable must lay flat for the first inch or so away from the camera to prevent it from interfering with movement. I have not found this to be problem at all though.

I might have been too literal in defining the base. It plugs into the casing I guess :smiley: which houses the camera. I found it kind of annoying when I initially got the camera. We had it in a tight location where there was limited space behind the camera, and first test pan sent it to the floor! Still works, and the picture is excellent, specially when you consider the price!

Love my Pan Cam. Would really like to see a Wyze doorbell cam too.

You can vote for the doorbell camera at the link below. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.