Wyze Cam Pan rotates too far and turns off. No stopping point

I have an old Wyze Cam Pan with a weird problem. It rotates past the first stopping point when booting and turns itself off. My other Wyze Cam Pans that I own have a very definite stopping point when you first boot them up. On boot up they rotate to the right till they hit the sticking point, then to the left, but this one camera I have rotates to the right, then past the sticking point and turns itself off. When I manually move my good cameras on their rotation access, they have that stopping point when trying to manually rotate them to the back that they cannot rotate past, however my camera with the problem has no stopping point. I can rotate the camera multiple times in a circle with no stopping.
I have tricked the bad camera into turning on and actually working by acting as the stopping point when booting the camera and forcing it to stop by hand when it hits the point at which I think it should normally stop. When I do this the camera boots and works properly, UNTIL it loses power. When power is restored, it attempts to rotate all the way to the right, past the stopping point where it should hit, and keeps going until it turns itself off.
Has anyone else ever ran into this problem with the camera rotation no longer stopping where it should when booting the camera? Is there something physically broken inside the camera that should be stopping it from rotating too far, like my working cameras? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This camera is over a year old and out of warranty, so if anyone has suggestions on how I can take it apart and fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted Walker

I did a bit more Google searching on the Wyze Cam Pan and found (2) YouTube videos that pretty much explained what my problem was. The first detail describes the problem I’m having:
Fix Broken Wyze Cam Pan 360° Rotation - YouTube[ Wyze Cam Pan 360° limit tabs broke]

and the second video showed me how to take apart the Wyze Cam Pan:
Wyze Cam Pan disassembly

at nearly the 11 minute mark in the disassembly video you can see wat appears to be 2 plastic prongs on the top of the 360° degree rotation gear inside the camera, and I’m assuming that this is what has broken off inside of my camera, causing my camera to freak out when it cant find a stopping point while rotating on boot-up.

In the first video that describes this 360° limit tabs broke problem, you can see that the person making the video has come up with a simple “fix” that works, so I’m going to give it a try and see what happens. If someone comes up with a better solution, please feel free to post.

Thanks,

Ted Walker

I had the exact same problem with one of my pan cams … and it was eventually replaced… but I don’t know if it was over a year old or not… but yeah, same symptom… it was going too far past the stopping point… another 90° or so… and then shutting itself off… but if I manually cranked it back the other way …it would start working again…

I still have it. don’t use it, but the camera still works… I could just leave it in one position… but I just put it in the junk box for spare parts after they sent me a replacement.

My solution worked to permanently fix my camera with this problem! Now when I reboot the camera it does its rotation check like normal and stops when it should without rotating too far. I just used some super glue and a piece of plastic and it works like new again. I will post a video later today showing what I did with the glue and plastic. It might help you to be able to take that camera out of the junk drawer and put it to use again.

Ted Walker

I would replace it with the new model we had 4 ptz and replaced them much better camera,then we smashed the old ptz,put in recycling