Wyze Cam Pan Review & Setup

Hey everyone :wave:t5:, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I shot my Wyze Cam Pan review over the weekend and it’s up on my Check The Tech - YouTube channel now. Feel free to check it out. There are some tips and tricks with set up and mounting! I would recommend this video to someone who is on the fence about getting a Wyze Cam Pan or to someone who recently purchased one and would like to know some info about it. I also just appreciate the amazing support from this awesome community. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 Likes

Forgot to explain the full size USB port on pan cam is about

I’ve actually used the USB port to daisy chain another cam. Of course, I was using a more powerful power source for the both of them. Works great.

So how about making it stay where you point it using the app? It always returns to center when I want to aim it at another area for a period of time. I would like to be watching live video and want to focus on a different area for a while.

2 Likes

Works great.

Pan cam arrived yesterday and trying to understand how it works. Quick set up does not go far enough in my view. I want the camera to watch a particular area of the kitchen where my dog is. I have set the detection zone to that area(I think). Is that enough or is the cam going to pan around during the night to disturb the dog?

1 Like

I finally got mine under control In the motor control, pan settings, set up points you would want to point to. After you save these points, go back to the main screen of that cam. Turn pan on, then turn it off when it gets to the point you want to keep it on. It will stay there until you pan again.
Also, panning and detection settings don’t work together. You can do one or the other. You can set up both of these settings and when you turn either one on, it follows the assigned parameters and disables the other.