Wyze Cam Pan Mounting Kit Launched!

We just launched our new Wyze Cam Pan Mounting Kit! With this kit, you’ll be able to mount Wyze Cam Pan anywhere with ease whether it be upside down or right-side up.

https://www.wyzecam.com/product/wyze-cam-pan-mounting-kit/

11 Likes

The value - for example, a 15’ cable and guides included - appears to be off the chart.

I’m looking forward to giving this a try.

1 Like

Thanks, matthew! :smiley:

I like it , I have been putting off Moving my cam pan Were it would be better suited, The mounts on Amazon are kind of bulky .
My daughter needs one to for the Cam pan and she just got , The kittens she is fostering are Probably going to knock it off Where it is now .

Doesn’t look like it is available on Amazon yet, will it be Available there ?

1 Like

We’re not sure when it will be available on Amazon at this point. Thanks for checking!

1 Like

Well, I was just wondering , Not gonna wait , I have 2 in the cart On the shop page , just Waiting for pay pal to Start functioning , I read that it should be by the end of the day I don’t know if that means on the web page or the app or what .

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have that info on hand and I’m one of the last people in the office now. Hopefully it’ll be working shortly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a very high quality kit. I was pleasantly surprised. It would be a good deal at twice the price. Keep up the good work.

Hopefully this will be avalible on amazon.

All of the WYZE branded accessories are only on the their website. I haven’t heard of any plans to put them on Amazon.

I got 2 mounts They are nice , solid .
Cons: Screws are too short IMO
They only packed one wood screw in for 2 Mounts

1 Like

They should because that reach out to more people, it probably doesn’t matter if it were slightly more expensive on amazon, people will proably still buy it.

I am confused about how to mount it. I need to angle the cam DOWN, so I assume that’s what the hinge is for. But is there any way to get the mount to use the magnet to mount it instead of the screw, like the non-panning cams?

For the new Wyze Pan Mount, you screw the magnet piece (the part with the screw sticking out of it) into the bottom of the Pan Cam. You then have a magnetic Pan Cam which you stick to the hinge piece (or any other piece of metal).

Thanks Loki, I get that. But then you’re quite limited since you can’t angle it like the cheaper magnetic ones. It doesn’t tilt down enough to view far enough down, so you get lots of ceiling but little floor. I need the magnet to also be on the other piece with the hinge!! Or use a magnetic wedge?

Oh, I see what you’re saying. You don’t want the camera housing to be vertical. You want the housing at an angle. Is that right?

How about if you open the hinge to about a 135 degree angle and attach the smaller wing to the ceiling. That would put the camera at a 45 degree angle to vertical.

Yes, that’s the only way to do it. What I’m saying is that it’s just frustrating because I am attaching it to a steel beam. It’s inside a barn. No wood to drill into. So rather than have a magnet on the part that will attach, the magnet is under the camera. I’d have to drill a hole in a steel beam. I wish the magnet was on the part that attaches to the beam as well as under the camera.

Oh, steel beam. I think perhaps if you get a very strong rare earth magnet, you could put that on the steel beam, put a metal wedge on that, and the camera’s magnet on the wedge. (The Wyze hinge won’t work for this since the small wing is plastic.)

May be too late for this suggestion, but have you considered using two V2s instead of one Pan? I prefer this myself so I don’t have to worry about moving the camera around. You can power one camera daisy chained off the other, so only still have one main power cord running. And multi cam view is coming to the app in a month or two, so you’d be able to see the view of both cams at once.

Yeah, with multi camera view, that would be a feasible option.

I really did want a pan cam there though.

I will look into strong rare earth magnet, thanks.

1 Like