Wyze cam pan 2 bad night vision (fixed)

Wyze pan cam V2 night vision looks horrible. Live out in country not much light outside when it’s dark. Disappointing v3 work great.

Hello @FordRanger and welcome to the community.

You got your Cam Pan v2 quickly, that image almost looks like there is a covering still over the lens.

1 Like

If there isn’t something like the plastic shipping film still on the lens, then it is probably IR fogging from a side reflection or something covering the IR lights. Is the camera in an enclosure? If so, try removing it to see how it looks.

Yes I made sure it was off no film on it anymore. This camera is outside no cover just has the rubber sleeve over it. Also had a v3 in this same location since they came out. No problem

It looks like your rubber sleeve is causing problems. Try taking the sleeve off and see if the problem goes away.

2 Likes

Also, I wouldn’t mind seeing a front view of the camera when it is in that sleeve. But yes, remove it, and see if that helps.

Rubber sleeve was it always worked on First version this one is shaped no different.

You need to try. So many issues exactly like this have been fixed by removing enclosures.

Like I said definitely the rubber sleeve.

1 Like

What is this?

Now if you angle it slightly down and to the right to get rid of that white reflection in the upper-left corner, you may get an even better picture.

1 Like

White gutter. But it’s perfect now with sleeve off. Sleeve is white silicone.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help. Been a wyze customer since the beginning never had a problem other than bricked wyze wireless base. Thought this was odd why I came here.

2 Likes

Very happy to see it fixed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes