Wyze Cam Outdoors - Playback Capability

Hi! I have a bunch of Wyze cams, all of them with micro sd card with playback capabilities… But I havent figure it out, how to add playback capabilities to the wyze out door cam… I have tried with the micro sd on the camera and with the micro sd on the base but neither options enables the playback option.

Any ideas? Is it even possible to do it? or because of the battery opperation it cannot record and playback…

Thanks!

2 Likes

The outdoor camera does not allow for continuous recording to the SD card like the other cameras. The continuous recording is where the ‘view playback’ pulls from.

I haven’t tried it but in the scheduling section it appears to allow you to turn on continuous recording for hours and days at a time.

You can schedule recordings, but it’s not the same as continuous recording and thus won’t have a playback option.

Thank you all for your clarification!

I have 2 outdoor cams with SD card installed in base but, I can’t access any “playback” feature.
The base shows over 3gb data on card. How do I access it?

Remove the card and place it in a computer (or tablet, etc) to read and view the files. There is no playback function with the WCO.

Any idear if there’s a plan to add this to the WCO base station? Browsing thru the wishlist, I didn’t see anything.

Just added my first Outdoor Cam today and it felt sturdy. I dig the effort that went into max battery life, but like many others I do expect a dedicated utility-powered base station to behave, y’know, like a base station. Playback should absolutely be a function of it WITHOUT THE NEED to physically remove the microSD card and view on a PC.

You get event notifications with the WCO that will record up to 12 seconds without Cam Plus. The videos remain on the cloud server for 14 days and you can download or share them. If you want longer event videos you can pay for Cam Plus or do scheduled event recording with a good 32 GB SD card in the cam, set it for 30 days, no cooldown period, max video length for each event video your choice up to 5 Min. You have to remove the card to view recorded event videos longer than 12 Seconds, I have a few up to 2 Min. If you want playback I recommend you get a V3

1 Like

Yeah, I get the typical cloud/clip performance. Been on the Wyze train since early 2019.

Can’t use the Cam v3 since I have no utility power at this particular mount point. Also mindful of requirements difference with a cam that’s exclusively battery-driven,

I mentioned in another thread that this particular playback limitation could be perceived as incentive to subscribe to Cam Plus (which I don’t want). Seems ridiculous to install local storage (on 2x devices) and playback access be so cattywompus. Over time, I’ll do some tweaking towards best possible results. Still on day 1 with this model and will consider your input… gracias!

Playback also queues events recorded when motion is detected and not just continuous recordings.

1 Like