Wyze Cam Outdoor V3 (Battery Cam v2) Ideas

I would like a Wyze outdoor camera with integrated solar charger in a form factor that looks just like a low cost solar powered night light triggered by motion detection. Those low cost lights cost about $8 each. They could be used as decoys. Security cameras have significant deterrent benefits, Having one camera per 4 decoys would provide a cost effective system.

1 Like

I had posted this but was closed due to it having an open topic but this was my idea i submitted directy to the team and had passed on to the devs by a team member

a neat idea for the v2 wyze cam outdoor would be to have a 3ā€x3ā€ solar array on the top of the camera to charge a battery like the one seen in the wyze cam outdoor model 1 this would come in handy for people who use the woreless power function of the camera like myself in places where the camera is too far from an outlet additionally a black model of the outdoor would be useful for hidden surveillance outdoors during the night to catch people without alerting them to surveillance activity but i understand to reduce over heating in direct sunlight the white model achieves this. This solar array idea wouldnā€™t be a total power up unit but rather to sustain the battery longer goven the size of the areay wouldnā€™t be able to power the whole unit and charge the battery simultaneously but could improve by allowing the battery to use low power receiving when the camera is turned off via the app to allow remote turn on from the app again

Another useful option for the outdoor cam would be an option to enable motion detection during scheduled intervals. The PIR detection is limited in range. I understand that motion detection uses power, but that could be limited to critical times and mitigated via a solar charger.

To my knowledge you can do this already in the scheduled detection menu to turn detection recording on or off at a set time during the day aswell as set detection zone, i could be wrong but iā€™ve never really used the detection scheduling or zoning as i simply use the full capabilities to record full view and detect all movement

1 Like

Enster has nearly the product I seek. The form factor is nearly ideal; just a bit larger than most solar powered motion detect lights. The larger size allows greater lighting, but at a loss of optimum decoy usage. The software also needs options for non-PIR motion detection.

Please increase battery to a year or more for outdoors camera.

I would like to see an increase in the number of outdoor cameras that you can be used. Not seeing any good reason on the limited number of 4 cameras. Can we test using more outdoor camera with the Beta app?

I transitioned from Logitech Circle 2 wireless to Wyze outdoor cam. One thing I really miss is software selectable fields of view. Wyze is fixed at 130 while Logitech allowed for 180. Would like to see this feature on Wyze.

My second story gutters on the back of my house are clogged up. Donā€™t know what it looks like. Thinking of sticking some 1/2" PVC sections connected with pipe connectors together to push thru from the bottom. But whatā€™s it look like?

So, pulled out a power brick for my iPhone and charged it up. Connected with short cable to Cam V2, and duct taped it to the end of a long 3/4 PVC section of pipe. And turned it on. Naturally I had a 90 degree angle on the top end where the cam was taped. Bingo, I can see crap in there thatā€™s blocking the drain. Now, I can prop the cam against the gutter and work on the drain hole from below. I guess a drone would be better, but donā€™t have one of them and have two-three spare V2.

1 Like

Nice. And I think Iā€™d rather have a $20 V2 leaning against my house on a pole than a $500 drone auto-hovering over my head while I work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your cameras are great and if you put two back to back you almost get 360 field of view, so why not just make a 360degree from the factory. I know I would need at least 4 for my home and business. Iā€™m sure you can do it. Plus having it setup as an outdoor cam with a battery, sheez corner the market on battery powered 360 degree security camera you would.

1 Like

I second this request. Seems like Wyze should be able to do what Logitech can. It is a really useful feature.

You just described the Fusion 360.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spotlight for Wyze Cam Outdoor

Idea here is a Wyze cam outdoor with a much longer/wider body (rectangle shape). In it your can fit a better battery, better camera sensor, flood light, and more importantly use the extra surface area for a solar panel built right on top of it. In theory, you should be able to get 24/7 recording this way, and more importantly be able to install this camera in a permanent location out of easy armā€™s reach from thieves/vandals. This would be a more expensive/premium alternative to the current Wyze Cam outdoor to serve more as a truly wireless security camera then a versatile one. I would want said product to be in the 100ish dollar range per camera. It would also be nice if it didnā€™t need a dedicated bridge like the current outdoor cam.

The only real competitor on the market is this link:

If Wyze can make this for less than 150 while also not needing a bridge, they would be the superior alternative to the only other similar camera on market.

For this product they should change the default mount to hold what would be a heavier camera more securely, and have more angles you can turn it in then the mount that comes with the current Wyze Cam Outdoor and Wyze Cam V3.

Interesting product name; I read it 3 times before realizing it was NOT a model called SoloCam selling for $40.

Idk what your trying to say. the Wyze Cam we are referring to is for outdoors and primarily wireless. The only SoloCam Eufy makes at 40 USD is an indoor only plug-In model that in no way compares in the same use scenario.

I said what I meant, the product name. The product name is ā€œSoloCam S40ā€. It looks like ā€œSoloCam $40ā€. Thatā€™s all.

Am told CAM 3 must be plugged in. That limits the ability to use it outside like Cam 2. New light kit with motion sensor is excellent option but can only be used on CAM 3.

Create a CAM that is for outside use and WITH a light kit.

How often would you be comfortable replacing a battery up there? Lot of power draw from lights and camera.

And by the way the V3 IS a camera ā€œfor outside use with a light kitā€. :slight_smile: