Wyze Cam Outdoor V2 experience so far

To chime in on my experience so far…got mine two days ago, nothing but problems. I have a bunch of wired v2’s which have been (mostly) trouble free, but I’m regretting the Outdoor cam. Highlights of my experience include:

1. Had to make a new guest wifi network because it cannot connect to my existing network, due to the underscore in the network name. Which took me an hour of googling to find out was an existing problem. Now I need to switch my phone wifi to control the camera, or change my wifi name and fix the other 20 devices that connect to my main wifi.

2. Cannot download Timelapse videos, just repeatedly get error messages saying “The file does not exist”. Since I bought this to capture backyard/wildlife/plant timelapses, this is problematic.

3. Seemingly cannot circumvent #2 by inserting the Wyze 128gb SD card into my MacBook Pro, because my MBP will not read the card. Tried erasing and reformatting as EXFAT on my MBP, then inserting into camera, and the camera wouldn’t read it. Formatted again on the camera, now the camera sees the card, but computer does not. I’m guessing I wasted money on a 128gb wyze SD card.

I can shoot videos and photos.
All in all, I am not impressed and mostly feel like I wasted $120.

1 Like