Wyze Cam Outdoor Power Supply

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the specs of the connector on the WCO Power Supply. I’m going to need a long lead for the base station so either want to replace the Wyze one or buy an extension lead to add to it.

I think it’s the dimensions of the 12v connector that I need.

Thanks.

Power supply 5V 2A
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037539752-Battery-Life-and-Charging

Thanks @StopICU33 - but it’s the physical dimensions of the connector that I need. I don’t suppose you know where I can get that?

1 Like

Why not use extension cord??

The round 12V plug that goes into the back of the base is 3mm outside dimensions. I think the dimensions here are more precise.
Amazon

2 Likes

For the basestation you mean? Just get a long CAT-5 cable, then you can plug it in where you need it.

Your not very clear in your terminology, nor in describing what you ask.

Let’s break it down.

Are you asking about the actual WYZE cam Outdoor unit?, because technically it’s battery operated and only requires a power cord when a need to recharge it arises.

So if it’s that issue, recharging the camera, then it’s a standard 3.5mm 12v 1A power supply.

If it’s the HUB because that’s technically the only thing that requires power at this time then I’ve read and heard it’s a 12v 2A supplied cord.

It reads like you want to move the Hub further away than the supplied cord length? But you mentioned the WCO.

I’m not trying to split hairs here, I just can’t quite grasp how the camera needs an extension as you wrote it out for power?. It’s not designed to be plugged in continuous.

Help us help you.

I wonder if something like this could be used:
https://www.amazon.com/ethernet-Splitter-Compliant-Surveillance-ipolex/dp/B07GR1WYJG/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=3mm%2Bdc%2Bpoe%2Binjector%2Bsplitter&qid=1596850180&sr=8-5&th=1
Not an expert with POE, just thinking.

Thanks for the input here everyone. I appreciate your time.

Thanks @StopICU33. That’s exactly what I’m looking for! I should be able to proceed with this or at least use these dimensions. That’s really helpful - thank you for researching this.

@Brlepage & @EyeNsky - This might be something to investigate. Thanks.

@Big_monkey - I’ve had to discount that option. My situation prevents the Power Adaptor being that near to the Base Station. Thanks.

@RightlyWitnessed - Apologies, I was referring to the Base Station Power Adapter as I thought that was the only power adaptor involved in the outdoor camera setup.

3 Likes

Glad to help and good luck with your setup. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like