Wyze Cam Outdoor Not Sending Notifications

Hey my Wyze Cam Outdoor is not sending me notifications or recording events. Well it did record one event from when I was hanging up the camera. Other than that I have walked in and out of the PIR zone in all directions and no notifications or recordings. Sensitivity set to 100, notifications turned on and motion events turned on. HOw do I fix?

1 Like

How far are you from the camera?

1 Like

10 to 15 feet.

Well that should certainly work. No obstructions/glass? If these are new cameras and you’ve verified your settings maybe a return is in order…

Brand new. Just got it yesterday. I was prompted to update the firmware when I first powered up the camera but the update failed. I wonder if getting that to work would help? Is there a way to check for updates on the camera?

1 Like

Oh well that sure could explain it. I have different cameras and an old app but yes, you can try to update if you can still connect to the camera at all. For me it’s under Account, Firmware Upgrade.

If you cannot connect there are reset procedures.

I got it to update. We’ll see if that helps.

1 Like

Here’s a good video to help you understand how it works and to troubleshoot event detection.

1 Like