Wyze Cam Outdoor - Not recording motion - Troubleshoot with WYZE

That is a lot eaiser said than done since I am already in the wyze ballpark for over $500 with no return option.

Most consumer grade PIR cameras won’t reliably detect a human sized object outside of 25-30 ft. Unless you are able to place a sense motion sensor ~25 feet in front of your camera to extend the detection range using sense triggered videos there is not much you can do.

Well, that doesn’t bode well does it? We trust those who promise to deliver… When they don’t who’s to blame? The company or the unwary customer who chose to follow the lemmings? Beware the promises.

I’m no WYZE suck up, but at the same time I don’t recall seeing any promise about the outdoor cam detecting motion from 60-100 feet away. I may be wrong and if so, please provide links to those promises. Expectations in ones own head don’t count. :slight_smile:

Sure are a lot of smart [Mod Edit] people in this forum.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Does that mean you can or can’t find anything from WYZE promising 60-100 feet of detection for the outdoor cam?

Consumer camera PIR typical range is 25-30 feet. I am not aware of any brand that can go 60-100 feet. There is nothing about “not deliver”. The spec was 25 ft all along.

6 Likes

The outdoor camera is how can I be polite. Garbage. Zero mechanical testing of higher humidity at lower temperatures, All fogged up. Wyze and a competitor. Both taken at the same time this morning. Here is a little hint, get yourself a trail camera and reverse engineer the hardwear.

1 Like

is the competitor camera also a battery-powered camera? what model ?

I have no idea how a company can produce a camera with such mediocre to absolutely poor results

1 Like

Bummer, what was the temp and relative humidity at the time?

I own various Wyze, Eufy, and Ring cameras. I can echo the disappointment with WCO. I’m in the Northeast and every morning the lens is fogged up. Every other camera I own doesn’t have this issue.

1 Like

I concur, the WCO is probably one of the worst performing cameras that I own, the resolution, even in HD is still fuzzy and not sharp. Battery life is reasonably good but not as advertised.

I guess the reason I am upset about this camera is all the hype about how it’s the greatest camera wyze has released… it’s not, the V3 is a far better camera even though corded. I am including a view from the WCO which is spanning a distance of about 8’ and is indoors.

And these are from a camera that Wyze says is so good… My V2’s are superior

Yes, Adding on to this thread. Do not buy the Wyze Cam Outdoor . Really regretting my purchase of it as it has now failed to capture not one negative event, but two. I had a package thief last week that it failed to properly record to the cloud. I can see the a**hole picking up my package in the preview but I get an error code 06. No response from Wyze and the video will soon drop off retention. Prior to that, I had a damaged package that I suspect was thrown by the delivery person. Again, lack of ability to record on the device itself (scheduled recording is a joke… yes, let me schedule a time to real time record because I know when I’m getting a package and when its going to get stolen) makes this device worthless.

Lack of ability for onboard capture, like every other cam I have, means I have absolutely no record of the event. WCO is going into the trash as soon as my new v3 arrives.

1 Like

Unfortunately for the Wyze company, their outdoor camera has done everything but live up to the hype that was promised us.

For as much more as it costs you would’ve thought that we could get a much better camera but that has not been the case…

I, like so many other customers, cannot make sense out of where wyze is going with their business I just know that I have a lot of money invested in their products and I feel like they owe all of us a lot better support and products that work as advertised.

In my opinion the V3 camera is at least 10 times better than the WCO

2 Likes

So, why don’t they just take the V3 and water proof it and put LiPO’s in it?
I could probably convert one my self.
If the WCO supported being on line while charging I could use one of these to get longer charges.
Romos 30000mAh Battery Bank

Since the V3 has a USB power connector I will try it and see how it works.

Well, I thought it was going to be a battery-powered V2 which would have been amazing! I of course pre-ordered like an idiot. I’m honestly not sure if I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t read between the lines or if it was indeed a bait and switch. I do know that it is not a capable device.

My personal opinion is that the Wyze version 3 is the best camera product that they have released to date bar none

1 Like

followed the video and still do not receive notifications. led light stayed solid blue??
please help

do you see the video in the “event” tab of the app ? go to the tab, and pull down to refresh. make sure your filter is off, and you are on the right date.

If the video is there, and no notification , it means your notification is turned off somehow. Check “account”-> notification.

Also check your phone system to make sure that you allowed notificiation permission for the wyze app.