Wyze Cam Outdoor - Not recording motion - Troubleshoot with WYZE

Same old story sir, may I suggest that you gather your information, support tickets etc and send those along with any other information to @UserCustomerGwen she seems to succeed where others fail

when did you contact support ? our support was a bit behind weeks ago, but now is all caught up. If you still not getting the help needed, pls post your ticket number, we will check.

1 Like

Over 1 month ago…tickets 716265, 736065…and others

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Thanks for taking care of this…I appreciate it

2 Likes

sorry for it taking so long

1 Like

Hello again, I received an email from USPS about 30 minutes ago saying that the camera was delivered to your front door.

1 Like

I’ll ask here since we talking about the wco. Did we receive I backed Wyze Cam Outdoor stickers?

Yes, it’s buried in the WCO box somewhere…

I was able to receive an RMA for my outdoor camera starter pack within a week. I have requested a replacement since I really like the portability of the camera and am hoping the issues I had were with the particular camera.

The issues I had was that I could not stream from a remote location to my phone or to an android emulator running the Wyze app on a desktop. I could stream to a remote location to an Amazon Echo 5 and an Amazon Fire TV stick. Weird. The other issue dealt with event detection. I was able to detect rodents within a foot or so of the unit but later could not detect much such as my hand moving in front of the camera. I thought once it actually detected someone from across the street which was about 50’ away but it may have just been a coincidence. I also had very poor WiFi signal strength (1 bar from 5’ away) and poor range generally (30’).

What I would like to see is a more V2 like mode even if the battery lasts only a few days. That way we can actually get the 5 second lead in time to the events or we can bypass the PIR and do event detection the V2 way (pixel comparison). Not sure how long the battery would last under this scenario but a few days or even 24 hours would be OK for me.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure bragging about the WCO is prudent yet

I also backed WYZE OUTDOOR camera. Did WYZE back us up with a poorly tested product or toy. Why do we need the sticker? Couldn’t WYZE look up on our order?

Totally agree that this was a poorly tested product

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

I for one can’t seem to view the video posted here by @WyzeDongsheng and I have been waiting for a while to get help from Wyze support.

Are you in the Facebook core group? There is a copy of it there. Or have you tried different browsers viewing it in the forum?

Not on FB. Yes tried multiple browsers and device with no luck

Hi! I suscribed to the New cam plus Service, my event log shows I have longer events now (20,34, 40 seconds) but when I click it to the view the video I can only see 2 seconds of it. So I don’t get the point of paying $15 por the plus if I can’t view my events. Ay least with the non-payed version I could see 12 seconds of the events

Maybe try disabling and re-enabling cam plus as well as power cycling the camera and the base station.

try this URL directly - 20200814_154142 (1)

There is something funky with the forum, I have to “edit” and “save” the post again, and it seems now playable.

3 Likes

Cam Plus for Outdoor Cam is not released yet. It is currently under beta testing. Are you a beta user ? If you are not expecting to beta test the feature ( which will have many bugs ) , you can disable cam plus and wait for official release.

1 Like

No it’s Not an outdoor cam, it’s a Wyze Cam v2.
I tried resetting the cam, installing it again as a New device in my app but still nothing. It’s Not recording any of my events. And it says I’m on a 14-day free trial, but I payed por the complete cam plus service already. This is what shows up when I check the services status in the app.