WYZE Cam OUTDOOR Is G A R B A G E!

I do this and get a notification about 10% of the time and if I do get a notification it is 15 it 20 minutes later

I have initiated the return process. We’ll see how it goes.
Dave…

Basically we have all just paid to become product testers. What better way than hype up a camera, sell the cameras in different build phases and let us, the purchasers, write forums on ways to improve it. I had a response to my request for return email first by wyze sending me a link to write a forum. A week later I get an email that says I may return within a 30 day window. I must reply with my order number, address, etc. I replied to that email as soon as I got it. It’s been four days and no response. 30 day window huh?!

1 Like

It will go well for you my friend. They are very busy but you are their most important customer.

:roll_eyes: Thank you. That was my biggest concern.

Yep, Don’t back down, . . Did you get a suport ticket number?

How cluttered is your area with other wifi networks?

Like Tesla drivers. You’re a Trailblazer user. These things are expected. By principle.

I mean. That’s where this is going for test purposes and I live at the beach and it’s a nice gesture for my parents to open it up on their tv from the Appalachians if they want. I’ll share the device with them. I’m just having fun with it. My home is already secured with V2’s.

Want to buy mine?

Secured? No. Monitored? Maybe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m guilty of not participating as much on here as much as I’d like, but I have to say that I’ve had really good results with my Outdoor cam. In fact, I’ll likely add another one or so at some point. I actually was ready for it to NOT be so great, simply because it was new, and that I’d have to work with it quite a bit to get it to work, or have to wait for firmware updates. But actually in my experience, it’s worked EXACTLY as I’d like it to, and as expected. I’ve enjoyed having it and it’s kinda neat to have a microphone outside so that this hermit can listen in for a few seconds and say “yep, nature is still out there.” lol

Anyway, sorry so many are having issues, but I do believe Wyze will get you guys sorted. Hang in there. (No I don’t work for Wyze and no I wasn’t compensated to say this. Yes, I would totally take some cold hard cash at this time.)

The 12 second limit on motion recording is ridiculous not only that but I just found out you can subscribe to payadditional amounts of money to get all of the motion recorded. why don’t they include that information on the box so you arenot confused or fooled. I also went to see what the subscription would cost and it cost about $15 but they don’t say that it will work with the outdoor cam so outdoor really is garbage unless they really catch up with giving us more than 12 seconds what a rip off

Its a performance feature vs battery life issue. You need a continuous stream which would drain the battery in a few hours.
For instance, recorded time lapse of 5 seconds over 5 hours and the battery went from 100% to 12%. External power would void warranty.
Yes, the promotion was overstated but some are happy with the product. The provision for external power such as a solar panel or battery pack would greatly enhance the viability of this product.

Two days ago you stated you were starting a legal process. Now you’re Wyze’s new BFF. What changed?

1 Like

Thank you. I just posted it.

| dr.know
August 27 |

• | - |

Yep, Don’t back down, . . Did you get a suport ticket number?

1 Like

Just hours after reporting what was happening to several organizations (legal process) received a RMA, prepaid postage and offer of additional help from Wyze team. The cases are still open until I get my refund.
Now I’m noodling around the site, collecting badges and pointing others to those who help. This is scarry :scream: Wyze Cam Pan caught fire/melted

I am not sure what the issues everyone are so unhappy with. The WYZE Outside Camera I received is exactly what WYZE advertised! It will be and/is with small setting tweaks once installed by each user. I inserted my 32GB card into the base station, set the cam to record to the base station, changed the cool down from 5 minutes to 3 minutes which will in fact lower the battery time usage between charges as stated when you make those settings to your INDIVIDUAL CAMERAS! My recharge needs are still to be determined as the cam is still charged after so many recordings/months of use and nowhere near low battery notification needing to be charged yet. I did find unneeded recordings taking place due to the DETECTION SENSITIVITY settings I had in place. After a few very simple tweaks available, I hit my needed requirements desired for my driveway security. This is the only cam that is wireless and not in need of a constant power source. The 12 second video provided only makes sense as anything else would require a weekly recharge instead of 4-5 months still to be determined. WYZE camera NOTIFICATIONS and RECORDINGS are free if you buy your 32mg bit card for all of $8 bucks from pretty much anyone of your choosing beside WYZE on Amazon or any store. No money being made by WYZE on the chip. Let’s try and be realistic when we critic a great idea and use common sense. Due to notifications taking place pretty much instantaneously are what was advertised. Who in their right mind could think a rechargeable battery operated wireless camera would record for 4-6 months between charges and make the video available without a sim card or even with a sim card. I am amazed how smart people can be so simple! This is a GREAT camera for the money. Provides exactly what is advertised and does not fail in 120 degrees of heat full on sun shine in the desert. Another great WYZE product.

2 Likes

Excellent review! Didn’t see those settings on my app:

This outdoor cam just wouldn’t work for my application. Distance from base station was one big downer for me. My WiFi and wireless phone have no problem with 300’ but the Wyze base to camera range was about equivalent to what I get with a bluetooth device.

Not sure why the base location would be such an issue. Mine is located in the middle of my home. 60 feet thru several home walls and certainly no where near the camera and it contacts without issue. I did place it on top of a cabinet since it is just a plug and play device. Good luck, this camera is just bit different then what WYZE sold in the past as it is using batteries and needs to be adjusted simply to each person’s home needs and requirements. I am not ready to write WYZE off just yet! In fact I ordered 2 more. I think they are great and are much better than the Amazon Cams I was paying monthly fees to use, which I did cancel recently.

1 Like