Wyze Cam Outdoor image sensor failure

In past 24 hours I noticed my recorded events from WCO were flashing magenta pink images. Some of the events have a clicking sound as if light sensor keeps changing. Suddenly at 4 a.m. the camera went offline (33% battery). I’ve charged it, powercycled both the camera and base station without success. The base station appears connected but the WCO status light won’t register except for when it was slow red flashing for charging. The camera in app now says 100% charged but remains offline. I’ve put a ticket in but unable to get “live” support. Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced the image issues? Camera was in a semiprotected area outside and was also wearing it’s hat. Attached is a snap of some of the events prior to going offline.

Maybe its hat is on too tight. Could be the battery has warped/failed.
If you have a support ticket open post it with the problem to @UserCustomerGwen ,

3 Likes

I’m gonna send this one to the team. Do you have a support ticket in?

Thanks for the tag, @dr.know! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wyze Ticket 781705 - sent email request yesterday am and also submitted logs #43462. But I would’ve hoped to have spoke or texted customer support and that wasn’t an option. In my forum search I guess this hasn’t been an issue for anyone else. Thanks @dr.know, I did remove the little fellas hat and made him more comfortable inside but he continues to emit bursts of pink to any light glare. What a bummer.

1 Like

Well @jlreese just keep the little fella comfortable and resting (no charging) in a cool dry place.
WyzeGwendolyn and The A Team are on the way with with a resolution. Happy trails buddy.

We are experiencing night vision flashes, bright to dull, through all the night vision takes. Day time there is no problem.

1 Like

Others have had this problem on the Outdoor Camera WOC. Did you open a support ticket?
Here is a suggestion from @shifty189

Click this link to open a ticket

• Scroll down to the bottom of page
  • Contact Us
  • Choose supprt topic

You may get a generic response but just answer it and restate the problem.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I’m on it! Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Alright, I have an internal note on your ticket and messaged your agent about this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your intervention! I did get a very basic troubleshooting email in regards to my ticket a few hours ago. Unfortunately I had already tried the recommendations. So I will await the response back.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Is everything sorted out now? :slight_smile:

It is resolved…my troublesome WCO will be heading back for evaluation and replacement is on the way. Appreciate the help. Know it has been a busy week with new launches. :+1:

2 Likes

Yay! Thanks for letting me know! I was happy to assist. :grin:

And that is VERY true! I’ll come up for air one of these days! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like