Wyze Cam Outdoor Firmware

Right now it is up and running with no issues since I went out and “tapped” the camera this morning. I mentioned in a previous post that after the firmware update earlier this week it stayed connected for two straight days until last night. When I logged in at about 10:45 pm CST it showed as “offline.” That was the first time it went offline since about Wednesday of this week.

When the camera randomly disconnects it shows as “offline” but the base remains connected. When I click on the camera it attempts to load and usually gets to step 3/3 and tries multiple times to reconnect but fails. If I climb and tap the camera unit, it “wakes up” and reconnects but usually for fewer than 24 hours.

The next time it loses connectivity I will do as you instructed and submit the ticket. Or is there anything else I can do at this time to submit a ticket that would be helpful? I have submitted several tickets so far but have not received a response.

Again, thank you for any help.

Thank you so much, next time it happens, don’t tap the camera. Try to live stream and if it reproduce the issue, pls go to account - help*feedback → submit a log, and post the LOG ID here, and tag me. Thank you.

1 Like

I can’t say it “always” starts late, since it rarely catches anything… It is upside up for sure. I hope there is some hope to fix this, I want to get at least two more outdoor cameras, if they work out. I have 8 V2s, and one Pan, they do well. No hassle from them. Thanks for your help, Wyze support has not replied once, a full week today… Chat is not working for me either, says they are too busy, I imagine there are lots of people like myself. Thanks for your help!!

I noticed that with this firmware you can choose the playback speed on events.

I can’t see that anywhere, can you show a screenshot or describe this? I would love playback speed capability. Also, are you using iOS or Android?

Increased playback speed is only available for cam plus events from what I understand.

1 Like

No argument from the minor majority

I have had the problem again. Base station is connected but camera is offline. When loading it gets to 3/3 but eventually fails. I submitted a ticket. Ticket number is #738364 @WyzeDongsheng

This is all so surprising because I feel like I’ve been having a stellar experience still not sure what the 150 update is.

try to kill the app, and reopen the app and see if that works. This may not be the same cause as the other user.

Unfortunately killing and reopening the app doesn’t work, nor does signing out of the app and back into the app, etc. But each time this happens the base station is connected and the camera shows 3/3 but will not connect and stays “offline.” @WyzeDongsheng

Thank you, we would need a log to check. after it loads to 3/3 and fails, can you go to app → account → help&feedback → submit a log ? then post the LOG ID here ?

Another firmware update but no release notes 4.17.0.159 android

Excuse my ignorance, but can these be updated through the app? Or is it automatically done? Mine still shows .150 on camera, or does the no release date yet mean it is not available yet? Thanks,

The release notes on beta firmware can be found in the beta areas

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, that wasn’t officially released firmware, just a beta test, that’s why you don’t see it yet as the changes are currently being tested. I didn’t realize this thread wasn’t a beta testing thread. I believe you have the newest official firmware and will get the updates as soon as they pass testing and stability checks.

What I see in the app, looking for firmware update, is that my camera and base are “up to date”, and shows the old firmware, Camera ends in 150, base ends in 158. This was an update I did through wonderful advice here and the sd card download. Is such available for this newer update? I do not know what or where the beta area is, I see no mention anywhere.
Ok, see your last reply, all ok, will continue to wait and hope! Thanks much!

1 Like

edit: redacted beta related.

edit: redacted beta related.

Try forcing the camera awake with motion and then try to reconnect.