Wyze Cam Outdoor Firmware 4.X.4.140 Released - 6/29/2022

Wyze Cam Outdoor v1 and v2 have firmware update 4.X.4.140 going out today! These fix a night vision issue but ALSO add support for half hour offset time zones! Check the Canadian Wyze store later this week for our new stock. :wink: :canada:

Read our Release Notes:

Wyze Cam Outdoor v2 Public 4.48.4.140

• Halted because the support for offset time zones caused microSD card recording failure

Wyze Cam Outdoor v1 Public 4.17.4.140

• Halted because the support for offset time zones caused microSD card recording failure
6 Likes

So what does the night vision fix pertain to, the Version 2 WCO? Iā€™ve never had any night vision issues with my 4 Version 1 WCO. Makes no difference Iā€™m still going to wait 4 or 5 days and see if any issues arrive (as usual with firmware upgrades) :upside_down_face: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

I know at least one other person whoā€™s also encountered this using WCO v2 w/solar panel:

Hoping that perhaps flashing the cam might fix something thatā€™s stuck. Hard power cycle yesterday didnā€™t seem to have any effect.

EDIT-1: Specificsā€¦

Log Bundle - 628117
Support Ticket - 2179035

All 4 of my v1 outdoor cameras have become unstable due to network issues since updating to firmware v4.17.4.140. All worked fine on firmware v4.17.4.124, no other changes were made.

I updated all 4 cameras yesterday morning to.140 and havenā€™t had any issues with connection, detection or notifications. All the signal bars are the same, 3 bars on the closest cams and two bars on the distant cams. My base is connected via ethernet. What is ā€œUnstableā€? Connection?

I am using my outdoor cameras at the limits of the base stations wifi range. I was getting 2 bars on front 2 outdoor cameras and just 1 bar on 2 back outdoor cameras. Now I get maximum of 1 bar on all cameras or zero bars via base station in android app. I get the ā€œunstable networkā€ message when i am in the cameras setting page and try to make changes. This does not happen every time but about 25% of the time.

The cameras wifi does seem to be limited compared to previous firmware. I have seen firmware issues regarding the base station in the past, i had to run ethernet to the base station as it kept dropping wifi connection even with a ubiquiti AClite AP 20 feet away. Once i hardwired the base station i have not had any connectivity issues with outdoor cameras.

I am hoping to be able to roll back firmware on at least one of the back cameras to verify that the firmware is the issue.

Update: my Oudoor v1 barn cameras are working correctly now, seem a bit slower to connect and have to attempt connecting more tgan previous firmware. But all seems to be working in an acceptable manner.

Does this update work on the original Wyze Outdoor Camera? If so, can you send me a lnk to it?

All firmware updates are OTA. If you need to flash the firmware, please click the version number on the release notes and firmware page.