Wyze Cam Outdoor beta test 9/29/2021

Version: 4.17.1.287

** This is a gradual release and all testers will have access next week. **

WHAT’S NEW:

• Fixed an issue that caused Wyze Cam Outdoor to not record Motion Events when Cam Plus is enabled

• Fixed an issue that caused battery drain for Wyze Cam Outdoor

[Mod Edit]: Removed space in firmware version number.

8 Likes

Updated 2 WCO cams to 4.17.1.287, one tied to a 4.16.2.26 base station connected via Ethernet the other tied to a 4.16.2.26 base station connected via WiFi. Both cams working well so far, recording AI and non-AI events.

4 Likes

Update of the firmware went well, no issues to report. Will test it out today.

3 Likes

Installed with no issues.

Will have to look at recorded events to validate WCO with Cam Plus as iOS beta is still not sending notifications.

4 Likes

Ran my tests today as promised. I am now being alerted of person and motion on my WCO with the beta update.

Great Job on the fix.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback! Really appreciated it!

2 Likes

Battery life does seem to be improved greatly! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

When will this firmware version be available for the rest of us? (I really hate not having a security system that can’t tell me when someone’s at my door or record proof that a package was left!!! :unamused: )

@Paul_E You can check on your current firmware version (and if updates are available) under firmware update in the account section of the app.
Also beta test option can be found here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.