Wyze Cam Outdoor - Battery life - Troubleshoot with WYZE

Similar issue. I’ve been getting 2-3 months of battery life on my two outdoor Cams. Suddenly my one Cam drains down within 1-2 days while the other one remains fine. No firmware update since April and no setting changes to prompt the rapid battery drain. I’ve recharged the battery twice and getting similar results.

I too have the same problem, my WCO is few months old at the beginning, i used to charge once every 2 months or so, not anymore. last time I charged was early Jun, and today is Jun-18 I have to charge it again , it is at 3 % with no major recording . Tired of recharging twice a moth . looking for solar power, anyone has used one? is there a recommendations what to use. Wyze cam outdoor battery sucks

I think you have a problem with the unit, so I would question whether solar would work due to the need for nighttime power.

I have two outdoor cams and one did start to malfunction regarding battery life. It was replaced. I have not charged either for approximately two months and both are over 50%. So the battery life does not suck on a properly functioning unit.

Battery usage hasn’t been too bad since I disconnected the wifi from the base station and use the ethernet cable only. My biggest disappointment is in the event recording. Even with camplus there is no consistency in what is recorded. In most cases it only records part of the event and in some cases it won’t record anything. I feel that the WCO is nothing more that a toy and not a serious home surveillance device. The two v2 cameras that I use inside work great. I also have two outdoor plugs that I am very happy with.

I have the same problem with my outdoor cam. I’m now charging it on a weekly basis because the charge is not lasting. My second outdoor cam seems to be doing fine.

I’ve had battery problems with several of my outdoor cameras, they last a long time however after you charge them the battery life is shorter. I’ve contacted wyze and they have replaced them free of charge,

I bought two outdoor cams like a moth ago, the battery lifetime is very different between these two, one still gonging strong at 71% after initial charge; the other I have to charge weekly;
I guess this big difference are due to at least following two factors:

• the one with long battery life has much fewer detection events (avg. 2 vs 12 per day)
  • the one with short battery life almost exposed to the sun all day, while the other one only half day

I wish they would give reliable detection of anything.,I
The cameras don’t detect people dumping trash on my property in front of them in a vehicle right center of the camera view or the person at night jumping my fence and looking into our bedroom window then the pass 3 cameras leaving my property with zero detection. Not one of my 9 cameras have ever recorded a single worthy event.

Good luck with getting tech support of any value. I’ve never had reasonable support from WYZE unless I talked to a US rep. The foreign reps all read off a script. I’ve found them a complete waste of time. Pleasant yes, but…

Hi my friend, I am trying Tinycam Pro with WCO, live stream in a dashboard (Sharptools), but 100% battery is drained in 1 day, any walkaround to extend battery life ?, or its as simple as 24 h live stream is not for WCO, in that case, can I power wire the WCO ? or its designed to be only used with a charged battery, Maybe I need to avoid WCO for 24 h live stream and pickup a V3 instead. Regards.