Wyze Cam Outdoor, Base Station, v2, Pan, Video Doorbell, Bulb White Firmware Released! 12/20/21

The Wzye “Not Ready for Primetime” programmers have struck again. After the latest firmware “update” my doorbell doesn’t work - AGAIN! Power cycling did not fix the mess they had last week and I doubt it will work now. Maybe rather than deleting and reinstalling I should just delete it and install a doorbell that actually works. :angry:

1 Like

My doorbell also is broken after the firmware update. Video looks all white.

try toggling your night vision settings when cameras seem hung up on light detection flipping those settings reset them

I tried to put the night vision off, on and automatic and in all the options I still see the video white

We apologize and want you to know that we’re pausing Wyze Cam v2 version 4.9.8.746 and Wyze Cam Pan version 4.10.8.746 as we investigate an AI bug.

1 Like

WyzeGwendolyn,
Can you please describe this AI bug that may be happening with the V2/Pan upgraded firmware?
Thanks very much!

1 Like

I’m sorry, that’s the extent of the knowledge I have. If I had to take a guess, I’d bet on the AI not detecting objects correctly. But I don’t have more details at this time.

Exactly correct. My V2 cams updated last night to 4.9.8.746 and none will detect AI events anymore. They all record motion events however.

A few of us noticed the same thing on V3 cams running 4.36.8.15 so may be a larger issue than the .746 FW.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info! Sorry for the trouble here.

My base station seems to be bricked after yesterday’s firmware update. Customer support is offering no options since my base station is just out of warranty by a couple of weeks. I can’t even buy a new one since they don’t sell it alone. Sucks that the firmware they pushed killed it and now it’s my problem… Very disappointed

UPDATE: I received an email from support this morning telling me they will send a replacement out even though it’s out of the warranty period. Thank you Wyze!

I mean, if they broke it they bought it. Pretty sure the large majority of these bricked base stations are going to be out of warranty, mine included. Support hasn’t told me that yet, but I don’t even think they have all these issues linked together there to the halted firmware yet.

Lol, ok I spoke too soon. Support basically shrugged their shoulders and closed the ticket, doing nothing and saying it won’t be reopened. What colossally bad optics for a failed firmware release. I’ve been as big a Wyze Stan as they come, even beta testing to my dismay at times, but it’s hard to ignore the mounting issues in released software, hardware, and firmware. I work in software engineering for a company orders of magnitude larger than Wyze. Quality matters, and how you support your customers and communicate with them when something you did goes wrong does as well.

My support response:
"Thank you for submitting a log! This greatly helps our engineering team as they work to better improve our products and the Wyze app.

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

• This request will be closed because we don’t have anything further we can do at this point.
  • This request will not be re-opened later.
  • Please keep an eye out for firmware and app updates. If the problem persists, please continue to submit logs with the new app and firmware versions."

Edit: This is not me slamming specific support individuals. That entire process is broken if they’re not given the proper information to interact with customers. When you halt a firmware because you’re bricking devices, support needs to be the first to know and be armed with the tools necessary to track, coordinate, and communicate.

Did yours get the constant blinking blue light issue? If so, you may be in luck!

I had that problem last night and saw how WyzeLi replied to 2 other users about emailing their log to the included email address in the post here:

I decided to do this and I got a reply back with a link to a new test firmware, 4.16.2.70, to try to manually flash and my base station now works. If this blinking blue light problem is what you have, I’d recommend emailing Li with your log and see if you get the same firmware and if it fixes the issue like it did for me. I’d include the link to the dropbox for the firmware file here yet I don’t want to step on any toes if this “test” firmware isn’t something I should be publicly sharing.

I’m quite pleased at Li taking care of this for me and that my base station is now working.

2 Likes

Li, from Support got me an updated firmware to reload which i dropped to my SD Card and after a reboot the base station came back online … no loss of my settings or anything … AWESOME Job @WyzeLi thank you very much and … Happy Holidays!

4 Likes

Since this latest update my older v2 cameras show as “Offline” however when I go into them they are working fine! I have rebooted, then uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. They work, but on the selection page in the app they show as “offline.” Very weird!

I would agree, and the 2.27.33 Android App updated released today did not fix it either (the settings button on the video doorbell in Android 12 on the Pixel is still VERY hard to access).

2 Likes

Li’s firmware fix also did the trick for me. Thanks @WyzeLi !

I have two V2’s that stopped AI detection a couple of days ago after updating. I only get AI notifications and was wondering why I wasn’t getting any. I do hope they fix this soon, this is why I am paying for cam plus.

Just an update: I got in touch with support and they got my detection working again!

Just curious…
Can you give a synopsis of what they had you do to fix it?
Thanks, and Merry Christmas!