Wyze Cam Outdoor 4.17.1.52, Base Station 4.16.1.22, and Wyze Robot Vacuum 1.6.113 Firmware Versions Released - 4/19/21

I don’t think yours is a new firmware issue, my 4 WCO have been doing that for months. Recording the tree branches swaying all day even if I have the trees in the ‘No detection” area.

This company is crazy. They asked me to manually flash the firmware and that didn’t work. So now they are talking about replacements and want me to get the model numbers for each camera and screenshot info pages. They want me to get the ladder out and pull all of my cameras so I can give them the model id’s. Screenshots? Why not waste more of your customer’s time? No big deal.

They were working fine before the firmware update but now they need to be replaced? This has to be some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. How the heck is this company in business doing this stuff?

1 Like

I have 2 base stations and 2 cameras assigned to each. One base station and cameras updated fine, the other base station shows a grey cloud. Obviously the two cameras are now offline. Reverting back to previous firmware fails right away. Turning base off and on does not solve the issue. Not sure what to do, there must be a solution. There must be a remote way to get to the base and re-flash it. Base and camera’s device info shows up, so app is aware of them. So let’s come up with the way to push the update.

Can DEVs look at the cloud and see if the base is communication with a cloud?

It seems like base thinks it needs to use LAN vs Wi-Fi that it detects. It states “Unstable Connection” Seems like a bug, but how do we overcome the bug remotely?

Can we get a drop down box in the base configuration to force Wi-Fi? I can see it in the router but base seems to bypass Wi-Fi (that it detects) and trying to connect via LAN. We need to be able to choose Wi-Fi vs LAN in the base configuration.

Please help.

Hi @UserCustomerGwen, there have now been two Sprinkler firmware updates for which there were no release notes. I’m curious what the improvements were. Can you (or somebody) please add those? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Same issue with my Wyze Outdoor cam
Waiting for support how to resolve this issue.

I finally got mine back up and running.

It appears that the new Update breaks existing wireless connections. Also the existing cameras cannot see the base station with the new firmware. I don’t know if this is because the update failed, or…

In my case I had not updated the cameras yet, so I did not have to revert them,

1. Delete the Base Station and all of it’s attached cameras from the app :frowning:
  2. Plug the base station back into ethernet
  3. Add the Base Station as a new device.
  4. REVERT the Firmware on the base station
  5. Add your cameras one at a time as a new device.

I should add an alternate list for those so inclined.

1. Put them back in the box they came with and return them
  2. Order V3’s to replace them.

I did all your steps except revert the firmwares on either the cameras or base station and its working for me

i would be great to try your steps. unfortunately, i am not on location. thus, it will be impossible for me to plus the base into LAN. Since i have another base that is working, is there a way to move cameras to that base. and deal with messed up base until i am on site?

I removed all devices. Added the base station back and now the cameras won’t pair to the base station. This is a joke.

Can you tell me how to revert the previous firmware to bae and cam?
I could not find the option how to do that.
Thanks for your reply in advance

For the base and the cams one at a time. Open app home page, tap on the cam or the base, tap the gear icon top right to settings, tap device info, tap firmware and you see what you have and there should be a note in green that says having problem, tap that to go to a previous version. Works for both base and cams.

Hi all,
Our new firmware updated a security related fix that causes the outdoor camera takes longer (~5 mins) than usual to connect back to the base station. During the 5 mins, the outdoor cameras will show as offline but they will come back online eventually. We looked around 14 logs from the back end last night and all of the reported outdoor cameras are connected back online. This issue happens right after you update your base station to the latest and is expected.

Please wait for 5 mins after the base station firmware update.

• If the camera doesn’t come back online, power cycle the outdoor camera by flipping the switch on the back of the camera.
  • If you ever downgraded your base station firmware, the outdoor camera with the latest firmware 4.17.1.52 will always show offline. Please update the base station to the latest (4.16.1.22), the outdoor cameras will take much longer (in a few hours) to reconnect (a battery saving mechanism). But if you flip the camera power switch, the cameras will reconnect right away.

That’s how mine worked after update , camera 1 was online right away camera 2 took a little while to come back online , don’t remember how long it was.
The only problem I had was camera 2 was not recording any motion because I had accidentally turned off the motion detection button :upside_down_face:

One of my base stations went offline after the update. I am not at the same location with that base. What can i do? Cameras attached to that base are also offline, which makes sense.

Can i somehow move my cameras to another base that has 2 more available spots?

Problem for me is that i am remote and cannot physically do anything to the base.

Thank you, this worked and all 3 of my cameras are back on line.

Paul Andrews

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

My base station has the current firmware.

I don’t think the current firmware is updating the cameras correctly. I manually updated the firmware by downloading it onto a SD card. You are suppose to have a yellow light, then the yellow and blue light simultaneously and finally the blue light. That didn’t happen with the recent firmware. I downloaded the older firmware and tried that. It worked. The lights showed correctly and I was able to sync it to my base station.

Not sure why Wyze keeps insisting their recent firmware is no problem but it is. Now I have to get the ladder out and manually set the older firmware on all of my cameras.

It’s tricky to reboot the base station if you’re not at the location and didn’t use a smart plug to power the base station. You can’t move camera to a different base station without physically pressing the sync button on the camera. Is your other base station still online after the update?

Could you clarify your issue for me?

My second base updated fine. and 2 cameras that are attached to it are working.

the base that stopped working, IS CONNECTED TO SMART PLUG. I can turn it on and off but that does not seem to help. Device info still shows that it is aware of my WiFi but the Change Connection item shows OFFLINE and i cannot click on it. But again what i see in device info maybe cached cloud data.

I wish there was a way to move outdoor cameras that are attached to wyze account to a DIFFERENT base station on that same account. I have two base stations and it would really help now if i could do that without deleting the camera first. Is there an hidden option to do so?