Wyze Cam Ourdoor & Base Station Firmware beta release 12/3/2020

Here is my current settings @kjay @Simple

It may be a different issue preventing your base from connecting to wifi. Spaces in the SSID was the only one that I was aware of.

Is your 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz combined into a single SSID?

1 Like

@kjay yes both are combined

That might be the problem but it’s just a guess. Can you separate them or possibly disable the 5GHZ radio temporarily?

Hmm, is this Beta rollout only going to certain base stations? I’ve gone into the Release Notes & Firmware and the the firmware update that I have is the latest Base Station firmware: 4.16.0. 190. My Android App and Base Station last firmware update Dec 2, 2020. Hmm am I missing something?

My base station is at v4.16.0.190 and it says it’s up to date. I am especially interested in the ability to connect the base station to WIFI and not use the cable. The BS model is WVODB1

1 Like

@LCCVA49 @randy.a.roberts What app versions do you have and on which OS?

I think the app is 2.15.51

According to the About tab in the Account information

I’m on an iPhone

Randy

I am not able to separate them.

@randy.a.roberts @LCCVA49 I believe you need app version 2.16.12 for android to see the new WCO updates. Not sure about IOS.

Usually the app just updates itself. Not sure how to force it

Are you signed up for the Beta program?

You wont see this update if you arent.
Info about signing up here: Become a Beta Tester – Wyze

I didn’t see anything about having to be in the beta users group in the original message. Makes sense now

Randy

In the Beta app if you go to account → About → Beta Program → Edit

Do you have the outdoor cam and the base station both selected?

It’s included in the subject of the OP, but not in the body. @WyzeAndy next time, perhaps append “Beta” to each bullet under the Version section at the top?

If the release is posted in the Beta forum, then each of them IS Beta by default. It would be redundant to label them this way when the entire thread and firmware release is labeled as beta already. Once it passes beta they will release it to everyone else.

Yeah, I’m aware of that. I was just answering @randy.a.roberts question above. He wasn’t aware of this and there probably have been others. Most people see the “Latest” posts when entering the forum, and posts related to a Beta release are mixed among them. Am suggesting that labeling could be less subtle in the update description, that’s all.

Ah, I see, makes sense. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is true I didn’t realize I was reading an all beta forum section. I was just reading the email containing the latest entries. I see that now. And I’m sure there were others that didn’t realize it either. A small bullet in the posts would make it clearer.
Thanks everyone for the responses.

3 Likes

how do i get this beta update?