Wyze Cam on a Birdfeeder

Some chipping sparrows stopped by the feeder today. The chickadee tried to chase them away, but they came back and got a full meal.

Chipping Sparrows

1 Like

The male is almost done with his molt. I wonder if this cooler than average spring slowed the molt down? We are one week away from June and he still hasn’t put on his full summer colors.

American Goldfinches

1 Like

House finches stopped by this morning.
House Finches

-NEW - 06/18/2022:
Everyone must be super busy and not able to find time to post birds at their feeder? I am starting to feel guilty about being the only one posting in this thread as of late. Looking forward to seeing your feeders when the time permits.

House and Goldfinches - Two clips combined into one

-NEW - 06/23/2022:
Chickadees sure do look different in the summer than they do the rest of the year.
Chickadee hams it up near the end

Here is my setup. I am too close to get any detail on my hummers. I have to move my plumber’s feeder every evening otherwise the seed pandas can stretch up and devour.

5 Likes

Another very hungry House Finch stopped by this afternoon. I setup a DIY bird bath around the corner from the feeder. The Goldfinches found it within a day. :slight_smile:

Male House Finch

1 Like

That looks like our state bird the male Purple Finch. I see no mention of a house finch east of the Mississippi.

We have house finches in North Carolina. I have a family of them that visit the feeders every day now.

1 Like

I guess they have been introduced in the east and are tough to tell apart:

1 Like

LOL…too funny I watched that same video after your comment. I’m quite certain the video is of a House Finch. They have been coming to my feeder since I first put it up, back in March of this year.

I went to my Peterson Field Guide from my ornithology studies in college and there was no mention of the HS. Since then I guess many things have changed over too many years! :wink:

Over the years I found that some books don’t list every single animal in each area. Sometimes we have to use various sources. And sometimes yes, things do change.

1 Like

So over the late spring and early summer, I’ve moved both my Outdoor Cam and my V3 to different locations in the backyard. I’ve gotten some okayish footage - it never appears to be sharp, because, hummingbird is tiny, and Wyze doesn’t seem to get it sharp for my liking.

But I digress, I picked this up a little while ago on the V3.

4 Likes

You’re not going to get very good quality from any camera that has such a tiny lens anyway. But I did find that my cams seems to focus better past 14 inches.

Pulled weeds. Put out water dishes. Wyze Cam v3 setup at 11:00 AM. Someone notices that he is being watched.

4 Likes

Beautiful bird call in this. :slight_smile:

A couple of finches stopped by the feeder earlier today. I have no idea what the Goldfinch is digging for as I just filled the entire feeder up with fresh seed. This one is a bit longer and if you crank the volume you can hear a good number of calls throughout.

2 Finches hanging out

1 Like

Goldfinches stopped by for a full meal. The male is getting a bit plump. He seems to be able to keep up with his girlfriend still. These two sure did have a lot to say.

Chirping Goldfinches

1 Like

Nice. I’ll bet it’s their favorite place to dine. :bird:

1 Like

I think I finally have purple finches coming to the feeder now. With the deeper tail feather notch and lack of brown streaks on the belly…what say you? This is a neat video as the nuthatch swoops in at the end and startles the finches.

Finches startled by a nuthatch

2 Likes

Nice. The striped ones are probably their kids. At least that’s the case at mine. They started bringing their children, so cute.

1 Like