Wyze Cam on a Birdfeeder

Here is a new species at the feeder. With the help of a book and the Merlin app, I think I have identified them properly. Those eyes are really something. Neat looking bird, but not very colorful.

Brown-headed Cowbird

2 Likes

Yeah, they come in flocks and will take over the feeders. I have to knock on my kitchen window to scare them off. The male is better looking. They have a very unique sound and mating calls. Kind of sounds like “quee quee”. Hard to put it into words, but very unusual.

2 Likes

Happy May Day to you all. Today has been a great day at my feeder. Funny, as typing this I hear morning doves for the first time in my neighborhood this season. Anyway, this is the head Cardinal in charge here in my neighborhood.
Head Cardinal in charge

I also had a pair of Gold Finches drop in. As you can see, their meal was cut short…
Gold Finches cut short

2 Likes

Nice. I went and liked. I liked the goldfinches the best.
Wasn’t such a happy day for me though. I had my back porch cam recording baby wrens in a plastic container and I found it empty this morning. Had to go back to last night and found a snake had gone in there and snatched them all.

Aw that’s sad

Thanks and sorry to hear about your wrens. At least you have no doubt as to what happened. I hope the rest of your month brings pleasant surprises.

I wish my seed mix would fill up the tray better than it does. You can watch this little guy trying to peck out his favorite seed, but it’s stuck. After raining all weekend, I figured the seed in the tray was wet. I cleaned it out and shook down some fresh dry seed. They should be set until the next horizontal downpour.

Gold Finch looking for a crunchy dry seed

1 Like

Nuthatch - 1 seed at a time - 3 times over

1 Like

You dont even see where the sparrow goes!! personally i love the cardinals over sparrows… we have a few nest every year over in the neighbors tree/bushes… we are in their migration area. Thanks for sharing the video.

Coming in for a landing

4 Likes

I happened to be walking by the window when I noticed the male Cardinal at the feeder. Then I noticed the female sitting on the fence that my bird feeder is hung from. In this video clip, you’ll notice the male flies off with a seed in his mouth. He fed that very seed to the female who was sitting on the fence. He then took off. She jumped to the ground for a bit and then finally flew up to the feeder.

Cardinals - Male and Female

2 Likes

This morning I caught them both on the feeder at the same time. This time everyone can watch him feed her a couple of seeds. They flew off when a neighbor was leaving for work.

Cardinals - Male and Female

3 Likes

Lovely birds, thanks for sharing the video. Have a male/female pair, and a two separate males, both of which serenade my wife and i every morning (so far) from two diriment power posts first thing in the morning, quite lovely. Thanks again, DeVoiD

Thank you for the comment. I hope I’m not posting too much, but I’m really enjoying this new found hobby. Last one for the day as I know some really like American Gold Finches.

I wonder which seed it is that they are after. Its funny to watch the female start aggressively going through the tray when the male lands. As if to say, “Help me find the good stuff because all of this is for the other birds”. At one point it looks like the male cracked open a very specific sunflower seed and left it. Of course she found it the next time around the horn.

American Gold Finches

1 Like

This couple of Gold Finches is entertaining to watch. The female seems to run the show, but what do I know…

American Gold Finches

1 Like

So pretty.

I forget the site, but look up v3 skins. They are about $10 but you can get them in almost any color or with a picture covering.

I myself have had some luck with the V3 - sadly it won’t focus for some reason, as well as some of your other shots do (and I’m not going to jailbreak it/void the warranty on it to adjust the focus).

2 Likes

Sorry I haven’t posted any new bird feeder videos lately. I’ve been very busy learning all about my new drone. It is as if the birds know, because there haven’t been nearly as many birds at my feeder lately. Here is the area that has become my personal air field. Please forgive the dramatic movements as I’m a total newbie. This video was not intended to be shared with the general public, but what the heck, why not?

Come fly with me

1 Like

I think they look pretty good. At least on my phone. I usually use my computer for internet stuff. But I don’t think these cams are built for the larger screen anyway.