Wyze cam not connecting on setup

As both devices worked originally and then one failed, days later the second one still worked. Then maybe 10 days later the second one failed.

So it’s two devices with the same problem now but it wasn’t at first.

Hello @tiadog666, one last step that I would recommend you try is seeing if you can pair the cameras using the hotspot from your phone. If that doesn’t work I would open up a support ticket here.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

This was a good diagnostic idea. It never comes out of yellow and blue alternating. It then says unable to connect.
This means through my router it connects (it goes blue) but cannot complete for some reason.

I’ll try support and see what they suggest.

Many thanks all :slight_smile:

Sorry that I couldn’t help you out, I know the Wyze wizards will have you sorted out :slight_smile:

Woohooooo !!!

Problem resolved now.

I searched on net for tp-link wyze settings.

I found a post on this forum. Apparently if you switch off 5 on WiFi whilst connecting it works.

Once connected switch 5G on again.

Must be a weird clash on tp-link and ZyXELL routers.

May be worth listing on support somewhere.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad you found the answer. Its odd that the router would be the issue like that. And it does it on both?

Yes it’s weird. I suspect both routers are manufactured by same manufacturer despite different brand names. Yes the problem was on both routers.

The only other possibility is that both have the same settings that cause the problem.

Anyway, switch off 5Ghz and the connection works. Once connected switch 5Ghz on again and it’s fine.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didnt really help although I tried. Glad you figured it out. Now just gotta remember if it happens again to try that first.

1 Like

No, you helped a lot because your suggestions made me go through the
options again to try to resolve the problem.

My background is ex-IT retired and I needed to have someone to bounce
ideas off.

anyway many many thanks :slight_smile:

perhaps wyze need a website on the internet of random solutions to try
:). they seem to be a small company with limited resource to fully
system test with a full range of devices.

best regards

They might need a more organized or expanded FAQ or trouble shooting page now that new things have happened and new solutions have been done yes. I am grateful that I was able to help.

:)))). many thanks