Wyze cam live

When are the wyze outdoor battery cams going to be on live stream

Welcome to the forums! Need more information for this one, do you mean in app or where do you want them to live stream?

2 Likes

When they aren’t battery powered and are V3s?

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Do you mean webview? Not estimate yet, haven’t heard anything from Wyze on this one.

1 Like

You can live stream from any battery-powered camera today. All day, if you like.

HOWEVER, there are no plans ATM to bring battery-powered cams to web view. The problem is people using web view to view battery-powered cams would require them to be recharged often, and that is not the experience Wyze wants users of battery-powered cams to have.

So, Mr Bill probably hit the nail on the head, lol.

If you still want to vote to add battery-powered cams to web view, vote here:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-web-view-support-for-wyze-cam-outdoor-wco/215645

2 Likes

Thanks

I will put in my vote, thanks, but it seems very patronizing for Wyze not to include WOCs in the webview… and just let the OWNERS decide how to use it. I have solar cells on all my cameras which keeps them fairly well charged and would definitely like the online view function.

1 Like

Test out your cam and see how long it will last. Use scheduled recording to a 32GB SD card in the cam, set it to continuous for 2, hours, 4 hours, 8 hours or one day and see if the solar panel can keep it charged.

1 Like

If you exceed an hour or two a day of constant camera activity, I think you will find the solar panel can’t keep up with the discharge rate over time.

1 Like

I don’t recall ANYONE saying that their use of web view would be CONTINUOUS. Mine certainly would not be. I believe that judicious and intermittent use could easily be supported by solar charging.

I don’t recall ANYONE saying that their use of web view would be CONTINUOUS- or even totaling hours per day. It could easily be adjusted based on solar battery charge experience.
I envision using it as an adjunct status check upon receiving a notification, etc. It would be convenient not to have to change devices to see the activity.