Wyze Cam Floodlight - Product Feedback

My first unit I bought did have the sticker

And then my second unit I bought did not have the sticker .

Both were both from Home Depot !?!?!

Had my new Cam Floodlight installed. I am having the exact same problem like some of you where the Cam Floodlight is interfering with my Liftmaster garage door opener. I can no longer open the garage door with my remote or my carā€™s Homelink system, unless I am in the garage pointing my remote directly underneath the door opener. I tried changing just about every setting in the app and none worked. But as soon as I disconnect the power from Can Floodlight, my garage door opener starts working again from more than a house down. Iā€™ve confirmed the issue by reconnecting and disconnecting the Cam Floodlight power multiple times.

Does anyone know if Wyze has come up with a solution yet? Thanks.

I posted this solution that worked for me in another thread. I used inexpensive ferrite rings to filter out the offending interference in the garage door opener sensor wires and antenna.

$4500 later, problem solved! I just had my 20 year old garage doors and opener installed and the newer (same brand) opener was not getting interference anymore from the floodlight. The openers work from well over 150 feet away now. On the down side, my floodlight just stopped working a week ago! lol

1 Like

Thank you EG1. It worked by looping a ferrite bead to the door openerā€™s antenna. I also extended the antenna using a low voltage wire to the outside of my garage door and i am now getting full range for all my remotes :slight_smile:

2 Likes