Wyze cam catches murder suspect

First, I cannot thank the Wyze family enough. Your camera caught my cousins murderer. It’s amazing. Wyze is the best security camera. The police took the mini sd cards, saw the suspect, released the images, and she was arrested and now charged. Thank you thank you thank you.

See photos. I want you to see a screenshot of the image police used and you can clearly see the Wyze logo.

7 Likes

Wow, what do you say to that!?!? I hope your family is able to get through this awful tragedy!

2 Likes

Thank you

Sorry for the tragedy.

1 Like

Wow. That’s awful. I’m sorry to hear about the event, but it does show you the power of making this kind of technology affordable for everyone.

1 Like

Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words and yes it’s hard but I want to focus on exactly your comment. How amazing this low cost technology is. My cousin and I also talked about how great these cameras are and he had the sense and I’m sure other products. While of course I’m devastated at what happened. I’m so happy Wyze was instrumental in her capture.

3 Likes

WOW!! My condolences. So glad that the camera was able to help in the apprehension of the suspect…

1 Like

Google the incident, Philly channel 3, not all that it seems…https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/11/09/14-year-old-girl-suspect-charged-al-chernoff-murder/

2 Likes

Hi. I’m not going to get into conspiracy theories. Or anything like that. All I know is the facts. My cousin is murdered and Wyze helped lead to her arrest.

2 Likes

whoa!!

3 Likes

"had a large wound on his head, gashes on his chest, and was naked and partially tied to his bed.

Acting Philadelphia Police Commissioner Christine Coulter says family members arranged for a lawyer to turn the girl in after they identified her in the surveillance video.

The connection between Chernoff and the girl is unclear at this time.

She says investigators will explore every avenue to determine why the 14-year-old girl was inside the man’s home."

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No one wants answers more than me. But please can we keep this forum JUST about the camera and how it was helpful in identifying the murderer of a person.

Let’s leave the detective work to the detectives/DA/Defense.

The truth will come out eventually, for one side, or the other, and then a Netflix film.

2 Likes

That’s terrible and I’m so sorry for you :sob:

But I’m glad Wyze helped to catch her. I wish cameras were only for catching thieves and not murderers, though :frowning:

1 Like

Regardless of the details, I think we can agree that it’s better for everyone when investigators/families/people have solid evidence about any aspect of what happened. Video evidence is about as solid as it gets, and I think it’s great that Wyze makes this technology affordable and easy for people.

3 Likes