Wyze Button

You didn’t. Neither did you, @Jason21271. Go do it! Hahaha. :wink:

1 Like

Well good thing you pointed that out, I thought I already had…done

2 Likes

Fixed! I voted now.

1 Like

For me, the deal-breaker for Flic is that it is not standalone and still requires a bluetooth connection to your device. That means unless my phone is nearby, no lights!

Most Smart Home tech requires a connection of one sort or another to work, Wyze requires WiFi or the the Sense signaling to work. Hue requires a Zigbee hub either theirs or Amazons, and on and on it goes. Bluetooth however is more problematic I agree. It also has less range etc.

Never used a Flic so I really can’t comment on the device itself.

Why isn’t this done yet? It seems obvious, a button on the wall to turn the lights in the room on/off that are wyze bulb equipped. The uses are endless for buttons. Think of it as the Amazon re-order buttons.

1 Like

Would like to see a standalone Switch/button that could be used to toggle different things. This could be used to turn off/on lights, cameras, bulbs, or unlock the front door. Could use the platform already in use by the other sensors. Would be nice also to see it recognize dbl presses or long presses to say dim lights or toggle recording, etc. I seen a topic for an in wall switch but this again would be standalone and battery powered.

1 Like

Yeah! This is awesome. Nudges me so much closer to getting a 3DP. Thanks!

Well I am all for everyone getting one. I am also in the process of setting up a shop to sell a few of these

1 Like

Lutron caseta line remote with the table stand functions as very useful button. Have one on nightstand, program to turn on multiple lights in and outside house when hear something that sounds suspicious at night and need to check out.

I need this. Please make it happen!

1 Like

I see some requests for lightswitches, but honestly, why not just a button? maybe a set of 3 single buttons, and one double button.

Allow the buttons to store any command that already exists in the wyze app or home integration. Allow customer base to choose what they want to use the buttons for, with clear, easy to set up functions through the app (much like how the wyze lock directions were so concise).

customers could use the buttons as light switches, smart plug switches, maybe even an auto lock button for the front door lock (maybe they are turning in for the night and prefer to not go back downstairs). Maybe even a routine set like a “Hey google, goodnight” set up that turns certain bulbs to a specific brightness/ color, turns on a smart plug for the heater, and reports back any “open” sensors.

This could also be the doorbell button that can be easily added in as a notification button that’s attached to an outdoor wyze cam, there, by default, giving you a second product to sell when paired with an already existing device (You do have your outdoor cam already, right?).

This idea knocks 3 requests off your wishlist/ roadmap, and is maybe the easiest thing you’d have made, to date.

1 Like