Wyze bulbs resetting on smart switch

Anyone else had a problem with wyze bulbs on a smart switch resetting. I know the wyze bulbs will reset and go into program mode when switched three times in rapid succession but I have an intermittent problem where they do it anyway. Is this just me? I don’t have any kids or pets that mess with the switch. They are on sunrise and sunset schedule It’s annoying to say the least that I have reset my bulbs

What kind of fixture is it in? Is the smart switch a dimmer? Faulty switch? Have you moved the bulb to a traditional dumb switch or table lamp for troubleshooting to see if the problem is the bulb, the fixture or the switch?

2 Likes

What?

I do have a WYZE bulb on a smart switch, my switch turns on power at sunset and off at sunrise, the WYZE bulb is in my porch light. So during the day it is completely offline, at night when the switch turns n and power is restored to the bulb the bulb turns back on and regains connection in about 45 seconds. It has only had an issue once or twice since it has been there.

I was providing some troubleshooting ideas and questions in an attempt to help figure out the root of your problem.

Huh. I was asking is anyone had experience a similar problem. Looks like someone else on the forum has, perhaps not as often as I.

Yeah, I have four Wyze bulbs on a switch that turns on at sunset and then off at the same time later that evening. Usually, all is well, but every once in a while the bulbs will start the set up flashing. It’s almost like they need to have power all the time and not be controlled by something else.

My apologies, when you said this quote “but I have an intermittent problem where they do it anyway. Is this just me? I don’t have any kids or pets that mess with the switch. They are on sunrise and sunset schedule It’s annoying to say the least that I have reset my bulbs,” I believed you were looking for help to remedy that. I do not have experiences with smart switches, but plenty with the Wyze bulbs. Have a good day!

Okay then