Wyze Bulb Strobe Flash Blink Feature

Hi,

How about adding a feature to the Wizen bulb where we can set up a trigger for the bulb to pulse when an action (motion on camera or sensor) is detected somewhere else. If I am downstairs and I want to know if someone is upstairs it would help - especially if I am deaf. It would also be great for deaf people to know if someone is at the door (using a sensor at the door).

• Edmund

I’d like the ability to blink a light when I set a rule for a specific time period. When a door sensor is opened after midnight blink a light for 30 seconds.

2 Likes

would link the functionality to blink and toggle on off,as a deaf person I depend on visual notifications and blinking is one way to do so

3 Likes

As others have noted it is difficult to wake up to the notifications at night because my phone is on ‘do not disturb’, so an actual alarm would be helpful. Even a light alarm like this would be great. Flashing light would wake me up and scare away intruders.

Trigger: Notification from all (or any) Wyze device
Action: All (or specific) Wyze light bulbs blink on and off and on and off for five minutes.

2 Likes

I agree, a proper flash function for the bulb would be great. I’ve tried to do it manually with rules. When it detects motion on the camera, it triggers an action of turning the light off, then on, then off, then on, then off, then on. It was so fast it seemed more like a flicker of the bulb. So then I added duplicate steps, off, off, on, on, off, off, on, on, etc. I have 12 steps and it lasts less than two seconds.

I wish the programming had a flash mode in addition to the on/off choices for plugs, contacts, and bulbs. Some uses would be to flash a bulb (or intermittently turn power on and off to a plug) upon activation by camera motion, a sensor detecting occupancy, sound detection, or switch opening. One second on/one second off repeatedly would work.

I think this would be a great feature!!

I also would like a way to flash a light or plug.

I intend to use a sensor to determine if a squirrel trap in my attic has closed. It’s a storage area which squirrels occasionally get into and do damage, so I’d like to be able to keep the trap up all the time, instead of only when I hear squrrying, without having to check the trap multiple times a day.

The problem is notification. Being able to blink all the Wyze bulbs when I’ve got a squirrel would be much better than my current idea, which is to use a Wyze plug to turn on a lamp or something, and avoid squirrel heatstroke in that attic.

It sounds like this is something that could be done in software. If so, the sooner the better.

I whole-heartedly support this feature request, especially the comment by dmahlitz about allowing the lights to strobe for a period of time based on a door sensor and/or camera motion/sound trigger. This would be a huge win from a security perspective (criminals generally don’t like flashing lights because it draws too much attention). It would also help out those in the hearing impaired community. Seems like this could be achieved with minimal coding effort.