Wyze bulb setup with google home

Hi, just got my Bulb order. When attempting to setup my new bulb I had trouble connecting to the bulb wifi network as directed to in one step of the setup. My Samsung phone kept reverting back to my normal wifi network because there was no internet available on the wyze bulb network. I ended up having to use my tablet which allowed me to temporarily connect to the bulb wifi. So now that I have the bulb connected and named in the wyze app, I am unable to connect it in the google home app. I already had my 2 wyze cameras added to the Google home assistant, but it wonā€™s see my bulb. I tried several different ways but was unable to see the bulb. just a note that the wyze connected client within the google home app says 2 devices are connected which I assume are the cameras. Just another concern, after running the bulb for about 40 minutes the base is about 145 degrees ā€¦. a lot hotter than expected. I was looking for anyone else running into the google home not seeing the bulb and how they were able to get Google to see the bulbs.

1 Like

I had the same trouble connecting my first bulb as well it took five or six times ā€¦the phone kept warning me that the wyze bulb may not have an internet connectionā€¦ by dismissing that warning I was able to finally complete the setup processā€¦ Yesterday, the bulb was working greatā€¦ but today Iā€™m finding the bulb offline and Iā€™ve had no success in getting it to reconnectā€¦ all my other cameras and sensors are online and working fineā€¦ Wi-Fi running greatā€¦ Iā€™m stymied

SOLVED!
I unlinked my Wyze account in Google Home app and re-linked it ā€¦ my two cameras and my new light showed upšŸ˜€ all I had to do is re-assign the cameras and assign my newly set up bulb. I plan on grouping several bulbs and installing them in my media room using voice control & experimenting with ifttt .

4 Likes

One additional thing to note here is that I think some phones (mine at least) are swapping over to your cellular connection when they donā€™t see an ā€œinternetā€ connection via WiFi. That appears to be the case with the initial bulb setup. Mine failed twice before I disabled my cellular connection and then flew through the setup with ease. I had this same problem with a ā€œsmartā€ garage door opener recently that had the same connection method (connect to WiFi ā†’ connect to open WiFi on the IoT device to ā€œshareā€ the original WiFi info).

Iā€™m in this thread because Iā€™m having the same problem with Google ā€œseeingā€ the new bulb(s). It sees my cameras, but not the new bulbs. Is there a particular timing where Google checks the linked accounts and updates them for new items. Is this a push or a pull?

I guess I could link and unlink, but Iā€™m in the middle of a beta test for another Wyze product and donā€™t want to mess anything up. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how google works, all I can say for sure is that un-linking & re-linking resulted in everything working. I was even able to group the bulbs & google saw the group as well.

Kinda wish that you wouldnā€™t have to unlink the Wyze account and then re-link it to Google Home every time you add a Wyze device. (E.g., create Wyze account with 2 cameras, link to GHome. 2 devices shown in GHome. Add a Wyze bulb and add it to Wyze account, still only 2, not 3, devices shown in GHome. Have to unlink Wyze account from GHome and then re-add Wyze account for GHome to recognize the new bulb. Have to repeat steps if any more cameras or bulbs added.) Maybe in a future update theyā€™ll address that.

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t have to, when I add a WYZE device it appears in my Google account, I just have to place it in a home and room and then it works. Until I do that it shows up at the bootom as ā€˜Linked to You, not in a homeā€™

@WyzeJasonJ is correct. You shouldnā€™t have to do a relink. This is a Google Home app issue. I have found when devices havenā€™t shown up yet in my Google Home app, I swipe downward to initiate a refresh, and then the devices show up in the bottom of the app. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Below is from the Google Support pages

Sync your devices in the Google Home app

1. Open the Google Home app .
  2. Tap Account Settings or More settings Assistant Home control.
  3. Swipe down with your finger on the screen.
  4. You will see a spinning circle. The sync is complete when the circle disappears.
  5. Check for your device in the Home control list.
1 Like

Iā€™ve done everything listed here and then some, but Google Home will not control my Wyze light bulbs, no matter what! I just installed a hub that should allow me to use voice commands for Google to turn off and on my lights, but it doesnā€™t even compute ā€œWyze Appā€ or anything of that sort. HELP! This is very frustrating. Why would Wyze advertise that it fully integrates with Google Home if it wonā€™t?

Same problem here, I can see my bulbs in Google Home but cannot control them either thru the Google home app or via voice control on the Google assistant :frowning:

I too have just had the problem, but unlinking and linking again didnā€™t work. What DID work was to delete the entire ROOM in Google Home, and then the devices showed up as unassigned. Once I recreated the room and moved them there they work fine.

1 Like

I was able to get all of my lights working. Had to unlink Wyze, turn on all lights, and then relink Wyze. The key is making sure all lights are powered on before linking Wyze Home in the Google Home app.