Wyze Bulb power up respect current rule state

Goal: To have the light bulb be automatically dimmed to 10% after 7:15pm and back to 100% after 7:15am. It is being used in a bathroom with a standard wall switch.

Problem: Since the wall switch is usually off, the bulb cannot change mode since it is unpowered. When I turn the wall switch on, the bulb does not set itself to the current Rules schedule.

The Rules I set up are:
Turn ON, Brightness 10%, Color Soft White, Start 7:15pm, End 7:14am
Turn OFF, Brightness 100%, Color Daylight, Start 7:15am, End 7:14pm

If I turn the wall switch on during the day, the bulb is still dimmed to 10% from the night before. If the Rules have a start and end time, it would be nice for the bulb to follow the rules set unless manually overridden. I understand there will be a few seconds delay for the bulb to boot, connect and update its status.

@warp929, I have entered your submission into the #wishlist. However, I will mention that Wyze Bulbs are not intended to be operated from a wall switch. Therefore, I’m not sure what Wyze will do with this topic.

You may be interested in this #wishlist topic: Smart light switch and/or dimmer

1 Like

Thank you. I feel flipping a light switch is much faster than pulling out my phone to turn a light bulb on and off or screaming through the house to get Alexa to listen.

In case you weren’t aware, there current app has a “Power Loss Recovery” setting for the bulb. That way you can set it so that the bulb comes on when power is restored (switch turned on). It would, of course, go off when the switch is turned off. At least that way, while it won’t follow the rules state, it will act as one would expect in response to a light switch.

Loki - Yes, I was aware of the Power Loss Recovery feature and had been using it. Thank you for mentioning it.

2 Likes