Wyze bulb power outage

We just had a two hour power outage due to ice. Lots of fun. Everything seems to have come back online fine except for the Wyze bulbs I had to go and repair each individual bulb. Is that normal or is there a way for them to come back online on their own.

My bulbs have always reconnected after a power outage, but I usually have to give them 10 to 15 minutes to connect. They are just slow connecting sometimes after the power loss so give them a little bit of time. A power cycle on the router can help also if they haven’t connected after 15 minutes.

1 Like

They were all blinking and their temp WiFi addresses all showed on my phone.

I’ll give it a try next time. Thanks.

1 Like

That’s odd…all my bulbs turned on but not blinking. They shouldn’t have been blinking unless the power blinked on off a few times. This will definitely put the bulbs back into pairing mode. Just like turning the lamp off/on three times does the same thing. I have seen others reporting this behavior after a power failures. So it sounds like yours went into pairing mode. :smirk:

1 Like

Short power outage and my bulbs come back ON. Longer power outage, the bulbs come back blinking. That means they became unpaired.

I don’t know about the new firmware. I haven’t done any tests.

The problem is all needed paired and all temporary WiFi addresses were on my phone. Matching them up took an hour.

The power went straight off and 2 hours later straight on. No blinking.

Wow, that it is frustrating. It probably would have been faster if you had deleted them from the app and re-added.

Sorry my bad. That is what I did. But you have to go thru the pairing process all over again too. The temp WiFi’s stayed on my phone throughout the entire process until done. It would be nice if Wyze put a code on the bulb so you knew which WiFi to select.

I understand. Either way, I know it is time consuming to go back through the setup process especially if you have a lot bulbs. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I currently have 6 and I’m adding 4 for sure and maybe 8. That’ll be a lot of work. Luckily power outages are fairly rare anymore. Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I currently have 8 bulbs and love being able to turn on my lights even when I’m away from home.

1 Like

I’m disabled so it’s nice to walk into the closet and the lights come on. But I always forgot to turn them off. Not anymore. I use a motion sensor in the laundry room. Open the door all loaded down and lights come on. And I have a motion sensor in our bathroom so I can go and get back to bed without falling in the dark. They go off after 2 mins. So handy.

You’ll see some Logitech Harmony Elite vids too. I did some beta testing for them. I have a massive home theater. 150” 4K screen with Epson 4K projector, Onkyo TX-RZ830 receiver, Dish, Xbox 1x Netflix, Disney + etc. and Polk RTI series 5.1 surround sound.

If I can impress anything on you it’s get disability insurance. You never know what might happen. Look at me.

1 Like

I would give them longer than 10 or 15 minutes. I had two bulbs at a vacation home which is about 2-1/2 hours away. After a power outage all cams, pan cams, etc. came right back - the bulbs took a full 24 hours but did come back on line. They are working flawlessly to date.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advice and help I truly appreciate it. I just need to be more patient and my wife has to deal with flashing bulbs for a little bit :rofl: